2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Lots of motorway miles are finally taking its toll on my civic now, after having the bonnet resprayed a matter of 2 months ago I have noticed that the roof is getting full of stone chips too! :(

I have had a quick search and havent found any answers, I dont want to respray the roof there are a couple of small dents (caused by the stones) which wouldnt look good even sprayed.

Does anyone have any experience of wrapping the roof? In say like a gloss black or carbon fibre?

I would probably prefer gloss for now as my planned mods are happening much slower than normal due to money and time constraints...

Any help or guidance much appreciated

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
If your after roof wrap in manchester... I recommend a place called cool tints

Cool Tints

I had my windows tints from there and my mate recently had his roof wrapped on his Golf gti. Im not a big fan of all this wrap stuff but the outcome was excellent on my mates gti. He had his done gloss black on a silver car.

If you give them a call and speak to the owner (Eric), he will be more than happy to assist you further. :D Just a wee mention I recommeded you :p

Hope this helps
Bobby

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the swift reply :)

Just sent them an enquiry hopefully someone will call me back soon.

Any idea what it cost your mate just so I have a relative figure in my head as they aren't so different in size.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
Hi there, my mate paid around 150... hopefully itll be around that... let us know how it goes :D

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What do people think, Black Carbon Fibre Style or Gloss Black???

I was considering wrapping the door handles, pillars and the filler cap in carbon if I go down that route...

Any suggestions?

Edit: The car is a 5dr Vivid Blue.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I went ahead with the Carbon Fibre Rood it and had it (and a couple of little other bits) done:

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
What a coincidence you should post those pics just as im about to get mine done, now i know what it will look like... awesome! :cool:

Great idea with the petrol cap! it HAS to match the handles but is impossible to cover neatly.. doing it that way looks great!

Ive done the door frames too..

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/913172-post469.html

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, the pictures really dont do her justice up close!

No didnt take the handles off to cover, just make sure you have plenty of CF Vinyl and use a heat gun and a razor blade/v sharp stanley to make it fit, oh and punch your hole for the key before you start!

Again with fuel cap etc, the easiest way to get it to fit the curves is with a little heat IMO!

I'm over the moon with it, just a few words of caution for anyone who is thinking about doing it, no more cheap car washes because the acid that most cleaning places use will shrink the vinyl and rollers will scratch/mark it, so will tree sap if you park under trees.

LeeCs your doors look class, I was wondering whether to do the whole frame or just the uprights...

Car is slowly coming together thinking about Wrapping those Nostrils next then tinting out all the Lights to match :)

Eventually a Colour Coded Type R kit like LeeCs but now I am rambling!!!

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great option aint it!
Yours looks good!!!

Think I should take this opportunity to drop a word for Eric at CoolTints in Manchester, great guys, great work and a competitive price!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.