2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up my Type-R today.

It's a 57 plate NHB GT with 23,000 miles on the clock. Apart from the odd stone chip here and there its immaculate. I'm over the moon with it! :D

Amist all the excitement I didn't get any worthy pictures of it, just a crappy shot in the rain with my phone so here's one the previous owner had before I took it off his hands to get the ball rolling. Once I've had it all cleaned up properly I'll get some proper pics myself hopefully.

FN2 by Rossco 7, on Flickr

The non standard additions to the car so far are tinted rear windows and Team Heko wind deflectors. I'm going to look into getting the back perspex window done too but visibility is bad enough right now without that bottom one being darkened too. :lol:

I also had received my RickHondaR footwell lighting kit which I will hopefully fit tomorrow to spruce up the inside and possibly buy the official red Type-R mats to go as it's fake black ones in there at the moment.

Something else it has which surprised me is the iPod connection in the cubby hole under the cd player. I was under the impression this couldn't be fitted on models as old as mine. It fully works with the steering wheel so I'm pretty happy about that little extra.

Then after all that, we've got the car itself. What a machine. I am blown away with it. It reaches silly speeds effortlessly. You really have to watch yourself not to get carried away. Hitting VTEC and watching the rev counter dots and VTEC light appear is such an experience. The noise, the kick, the power. Wow! :eek: So addictive.

I'm very impressed with the stock car but I will definitely be making some additions to it - both performance and cosmetic - in the near future so watch this space.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
It's the same 6 months on!!! Makes me smile every time!

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
congrats rossco :D

looking good buddy , dont want to burst your bubble but the rear perspex window cant be tinted :( youd need to look at Fly Eyes Kit vehicle headlamp and tail light tinting film. or Easy to fit sun protection for cars in ready cut Polycarbonate

Thanks all! :D

And cheers rowbo, thanks for the links. I remember hearing this before, so I didn't actually mean tinted like the other windows. But I did forget to bookmark the links so I will have a look at those ones soon! :)

Today's mission is to install my footwell lighting and order replacement key fobs with the red H and also the official Type-R red floor mats from Cox Motor Parts. Just need to double check the car first as I think some mats are different with regards to age of car and the locking clips for the mats?

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the mats for a 07 FN2 on Cox Motor Parts have holes for the clips on the floors, but my car doesn't have the clips? :???: Trying to find info about this but can't. Why are there 07 and 08 versions of the mats if they both look the same to me?

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Welcome to the NHB club.
Car looks great.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all. Today was a good day. Not for the bank balance though. I went wild on cleaning products! All sorts of Megiuars stuff was purchased and then used on the car. I only went for Quik Detailer for the end stage as I'm not sure what sort of waxes, polishes and clay bars to buy yet so that will keep me going for a while.

I was at it for hours and still hardly touched the inside really and missed lots of parts like under the wheel arches, door and boot sills. Just getting used to the car still and realising there's a whole lot more car to clean here than there was with my old one! :lol:

Happy with how it looks now anyway, a lovely shine off it just as the sun was starting to go down this evening. Can't wait to see it tomorrow morning if it's a good day. Might go hunting for some photo locations. Here is a quick shot of it from today though after the clean.

The Black Beast after his first wash by Rossco 7, on Flickr

After all that, I decided in the pitch black that I would attempt installing my footwell lighting. And I managed it perfect with help from my head torch! :lol: Really happy with them. Looks fantastic! Forgot to grab a photo but I will get one later.

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was gutted when it started raining there!

But it still looks cool. :cool:

After the rain by Rossco 7, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Looks good. I did mine last Friday and this is what it looked like after a rainy weekend

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehe that's class! :D

1 - 20 of 91 Posts