2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I’m going to try and not electrocute myself while installing my front and rear dash cam, hardwiring it if I can...

Anyway, my question is, what’s the best way to route the (quite thick) cable connecting the front and rear cameras?

My Civic has the pano roof if that’s any help (or hinderance)...

I’m far, far from an expert so any help (with pictures, ideally) would be massively appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,966 Posts
A stainless stiffener from a wiper blade with a hook bent onto one end comes in handy, so does a bottle of washing up liquid for getting the cable through the flexi rubber grommet thingy for the hatch.
If you pull off the rubber for the door jams, you can feed the cable into the head lining of the car, but be careful to position it so that it doesn't interfere with the curtain air bag deployment. Then down inside the trim on the A pillar, again checking it's behind the air bag.
Pull off the plastic trim in the hatch. Remove both ends of the grommet and with the stiffener, feed the cable through the grommet. It's a tight fit due to the bends in the grommet.
Can't do photos as I have done the job and I ain't re-doing it.0:)

Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... doesn’t sound easy... I got a quote from an auto electrics place to install it for £115, which was, give or take, what I paid for the dash cam!

I’m beginning to think it might be worth just paying them for ease as I reckon I’ll break something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,966 Posts
It took me about an hour without the input from others.
As Farqui says. It really isn't that difficult. The hardest bit is to get the cable from the headlining through the grommety thing into the tailgate. Everywhere else, such as behind the B pillar can be done with your stainless 'mouse'. Push it through then pull it back with the cable attached to the hook.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts