2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I hate to say it but, while I love the interior of the FN2, now I am pushing the wrong side of 35 this looks so much better and more mature than the inside of the new CTR.

Don't get me wrong, I do actually quite like the looks of the CTR (inside and out) but if I was in the market for a ~30K hot hatch I am afraid to say I think Ford would be getting my money. Maybe it looks too plain for some but I would use the word smart whereas the new CTR is bordering on a bit tacky (especially with the steering wheel inserts).

However, I'll reserve full judgement until I have driven them both.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Personally I think the front is spot on with the rs, my only problem is the interior and the amount of over hang on the rear bumper. Never really have liked the ford interiors they never look special to me.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to say it but, while I love the interior of the FN2, now I am pushing the wrong side of 35 this looks so much better and more mature than the inside of the new CTR.

Don't get me wrong, I do actually quite like the looks of the CTR (inside and out) but if I was in the market for a ~30K hot hatch I am afraid to say I think Ford would be getting my money. Maybe it looks too plain for some but I would use the word smart whereas the new CTR is bordering on a bit tacky (especially with the steering wheel inserts).

However, I'll reserve full judgement until I have driven them both.
That's exactly my feeling on the interior, it's a bit more grown up than the R's which very 18-30 and a bit "shouty".

I personally admit the Ford looks a little boring on the interior seats, although the drivers side of the dash is fantastic with the electronic screens there and in the central console, but given that on other Ford's such as the ST we have seen more outlandish seats eg Blue or Green panels, I reckon with a blue panelled seat option, the Ford would strike the perfect balance between sporty and mature.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
At 41, the hard crashy loud CTR makes me feel ALIVE!! Never would I buy a ford!! This is my third Fn2, after my second I switched to an edition 35 GTI!! BORING!! Love being back in the CTR!!!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interestingly, I forgot to post this yesterday from this article about New Civic vs New RS:

2016 Focus RS Vs. 2015 Civic Type R [w/Poll]

The cylinder head has also been revised and the cast iron cylinder liners are made stronger as well. As a result, Ford says the Focus RS will deliver a "free-revving top end" significantly greater than the Ecoboost Mustang's 6,800 rpm red line.
If correct, it looks as if the RS is going to "significantly" out rev the new Civic!!

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
After owning most of Honda's Type R's I think my money is on the new Focus RS. Just need it under 30k

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts