2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bit with the sliding lid behind the cig' lighter, should there be a rubber mat in there? It doesn't look like there should but i'm sick of hearing things sliding back and forward in there!?!? :rolleyes:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Go to B&Q and get a roll of black rubber matting from the crafty section, it's about 4 quid, then cut it to size and you can doo all parts of your car cubby holes in it :)

Tom

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I got some of that non slip rubber matting on a roll from a local Poundstretcher type store.

Suggest you start with some newspaper or similar to get the shape right.

I also did the cubby hole behind the gearstick and the centre console under the flap.

Stops things moving around.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
How about someone scanning in the rubber inserts they have made to a PDF so we can have a template to copy from :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Speaking of rubber mats does anyone know of a rubber mat for the trunk ? I checked in six local shops yesterday but the biggest one was only 50x40cm in size.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Speaking of rubber mats does anyone know of a rubber mat for the trunk ? I checked in six local shops yesterday but the biggest one was only 50x40cm in size.
I found this: Maplin> NON SLIP MATTING

This is the stuff I use in my boot.

PS: I also keep one of these flat boxes to stand on the mat: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/invt/0082073

....and a Honda Civic boot net to keep everything in it's place. Non slip matting definitely helps under the net.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Get yourself down to halfords, £1.99, perfect fit and a type s logo too:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Non slip mat from tescos for £1.99 . Cut to fit and away you go . Also put it in the door pockets for a quieter car .

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Funilly enough, didn't mention it earlier, I've also done my boot area. Again I got a roll of the stuff from my local Poundstretcher type store.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts