2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where will I find decent rubber mats for my 09 Civic?

Need to get the soggy sponges out before winter.
I have never liked carpet mats anyway.

Cheers.

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
ebay? dealer? halfords?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats very helpful so you have bought rubber mats from all three because they are so good?
cheers?

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
no.
I have the ctr premium mats. you asked where you might be able to find some decent mats for your car - I simply offered some suggestions, despite being obvious ones. If you are not impressed by my suggestions then that's fair enough and I hope someone else replies to your thread with the information you are seeking. sorry I couldnt be any more help.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Where in scotland are you mate? I would say give your dealer a phone as the honda mats will be good quality.

Personally i would stay away from ebay unless you can find orig honda ones (you know all the cheap hong kong rubbish thats on ebay!!)

·
'DRIVE' your Car!
221 Posts
I did see a full accessories list once from a Honda dealer or maybe through TDI (?) - Honda deffo do an official Civic Rubber alternative.
If i get time this afternoon i will dig out the url

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I had Honda originals (from the dealer) - rubber mats aren't expensive, no matter where you buy them ! ...

However, they did start wearing through under my right heel, after a year - I glued a reinforcing pad on the underside, as a temporary measure ...

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told before by a dealer there was no rubber mats for Civic.

I will try again at a different dealer.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
This post reminded me that i had to order some rubber mats to. Called my Honda dealer and they are sending me some original Honda mats now. About 400 NKR = about 45 GBP + delivery. Just hope they are a nice fit.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Got my mats today. Its the standard Civic mats, but the fit is the same besides missing holes to secure them like you do the Type R mats. There was a bracket with them to secure the driver side mat to the seat, but this came in conflict with the existing plastic thing on the floor that you use on the carpet mats. Just cut some holes in the rubber where these are and it fit fine.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
There are different mat fitments - both for carpet and rubber versions - even for the same model year ...

My rubber mats and carpet mats have identical driver's side mounts, but it took the dealer about half an hour to find the correct carpet type, to avoid changing the fixing that I had for the rubber type ...

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
There are different mat fitments - both for carpet and rubber versions - even for the same model year ...

My rubber mats and carpet mats have identical driver's side mounts, but it took the dealer about half an hour to find the correct carpet type, to avoid changing the fixing that I had for the rubber type ...
Crap, i explained it was the Type R fixing, and still they send this one... Angry mail going out..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts