2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi last couple of wks i've noticed some squeaking sounds mainly from the rear but sometimes sounds like its all over, the squeak is similar to the noise you get from wet rubber but a few mins down the rd it disappears, any ideas??.
And tonight i noticed when doing a slow reverse i got the little knock on full lock (which i've read is common) but it felt like i wasnt giving it enough gas or not letting the clutch out enough it felt like the car had a slight judder could this of been me parking like a girl or could these be linked. It's like the car was designed to see out its 3yrs warranty and within 3wks of it running out i get the problems starting :(.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
The squeak is the rubbers on the suspension very normal for this to happen as u notice it does go mine does it. The knock again I had it and took it back to Honda as it is the sub frame, covered on your warranty as it is a quick fix for Honda. All they do is release the frame clean it then cover it in grease before doing the nuts back up. Hope this helps

·
regrets his username
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The squeak is the rubbers on the suspension very normal for this to happen as u notice it does go mine does it. The knock again I had it and took it back to Honda as it is the sub frame, covered on your warranty as it is a quick fix for Honda. All they do is release the frame clean it then cover it in grease before doing the nuts back up. Hope this helps
I did think suspension so may have to treat myself to some eibachs as its annoying me, as for the sub frame do you think this would of caused the judder sensation i got whilst reversing im thinking it would of, and sods law im nearly 4wks out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Yes it could if not tight enough either way get booked in as this is a known fault. Get in touch with Honda let us know how u get on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts