2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Car is on 163k now and when manoeuvring at slow speeds, ie parking I occasionally get a rubbing noise from the steering wheel area, any ideas what this might be? sounds like something might need lubricating, is it the power steering or is it likely to be a suspension part?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi Guys,

Car is on 163k now and when manoeuvring at slow speeds, ie parking I occasionally get a rubbing noise from the steering wheel area, any ideas what this might be? sounds like something might need lubricating, is it the power steering or is it likely to be a suspension part?
Sounds like suspension top mounts, have you had the shockers changed? Because at that mileage they are probley getting a bit soft too. Jack the car up remove the wheel and check for leaks on the shocker and also the condition of the springs. Best do them all as one whilst the car would be in bits

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Guys,

If it is like a squeek sound I'm told it's normal. Seen it on a few civics not just he FN2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts