2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Missed opportunities

I really wish I could get inside the heads of Hondas' Marketing Team because I'm convinced that they are seriously missing an opportunity here.
With the introduction of the series 9 Civics, the continental styled Civic Hybrid was dropped from the British market although it is still in production for the US and Japanese markets.
This would have been a great opportunity to introduce an Accord hybrid based on the same drive-train to compete with the new Lexus, Audi and BMW hybrid variants.
Honda must have some plans for the future but are keeping it very quiet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it's this 1.6 i-DTEC due soon. That does have pretty impressive credentials, but annoyingly (for me) no auto-option. (I also think it's a shame they dropped the i-shift, it was just the kind of gearbox that other manufacturers are using to get these ideal start/stop figures - automated clutch).

I'm sad to report that my civic is now up for sale and i've ordered a prius. Hopefully Honda will bring out something better in 2-3 years when the lease runs out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.