2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am currently wiring up my Noswizards nitrous system. For the bottle heater I want to run a powerfeed straight from the engine fuse box, more specifically from the battery/EPS powercircuit, rated at 100 ampere.

My concern is if this will compromise the workings of the electric power steering pump, as the bottle heater system requires approximately between 20-30 ampere of current to get the nitrous bottle up to pressure.

Anyone of the electric gurus can give me some confirmation this will not interfere with the EPS and set off CEL`s?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
If I were you I would take a feed straight from the battery with a suitable in-line fuse, that way if your Noswizards nitrous system developed an electrical fault you wouldn’t loose your EPS.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply. Problem is, I already run a powerfeed including fuse directly from the battery. It gets a bit crowded when adding another feed to the same spot. I want to avoid that.

Edit; Just had everything wired in and it all works. However, the strange thing is that the nitrous controller on my diy control panel works when I flick the activation switch, regardless if the ignition switch is on or not. Is this right or have I done something wrong?

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
WOW!!! you have nitrous on your FN2?

Whats the performance hit and i need vids lol

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I`m in the finishing stages. Just a few items to sort out and then I`m ready to give it some kick. Somewhere next week or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts