2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had it for a few weeks only but as far as MPG goes im pleasantly suprised.

i got 35 mpg for a very mixed tank. Remember petrol is cheaper than diesel

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
All depends on the driver.

You can get 250 to a tank costing £60 to fill. But thats motorways and a little town normal driving. Thats probably 32 mpg.

Cruise control can get much better mpg - 50 mph with cruise control gets me 39mpg but others have got a little more.

Around town its pretty bad but short shifting helps alot.

Last week i did nearly half a tank in 30 miles as i was enjoying v-tecing too much :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Overall low running cost is the reason i purchased mine lol... well thats my plan anyway.

I figured if i went for a fast diesel then i would be paying for expensive timing belts, clutches and possibly a turbo/new engine

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Overall low running cost is the reason i purchased mine lol... well thats my plan anyway.

I figured if i went for a fast diesel then i would be paying for expensive timing belts, clutches and possibly a turbo/new engine
Mine costs about the same on a good run in miles compared to my dads Ford Kuga due to the price of diesel now.

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had it for a few weeks only but as far as MPG goes im pleasantly suprised.

i got 35 mpg for a very mixed tank. Remember petrol is cheaper than diesel
thats not bad considering

All depends on the driver.

You can get 250 to a tank costing £60 to fill. But thats motorways and a little town normal driving. Thats probably 32 mpg.

Cruise control can get much better mpg - 50 mph with cruise control gets me 39mpg but others have got a little more.

Around town its pretty bad but short shifting helps alot.

Last week i did nearly half a tank in 30 miles as i was enjoying v-tecing too much :D
lol i take it i will be paying the price when i get mine i will be vtec happy lol

i was using more diesel a week in my golf than i was using in petrol in my 1.8 civic:confused:

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I get 360 to a tank regularly.

Insurance has been a kicker but is coming down after a few years of ownership (not helped by my age and modifications either).
Tax, someone will confirm (or you can look it up) but think it was 260 for the year.
Consumables have been fine, servicing is fine. If there are any specific costs that you want rough figures for just ask.

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I get 360 to a tank regularly.

Insurance has been a kicker but is coming down after a few years of ownership (not helped by my age and modifications either).
Tax, someone will confirm (or you can look it up) but think it was 260 for the year.
Consumables have been fine, servicing is fine. If there are any specific costs that you want rough figures for just ask.
hopefully i will be the same as i have to drive 286 miles to bring the car home:facepalm:

my insurance is 200 a month:( only until may till my ban comes off then hopefully be about 100 a month

yes i seen the tax band :eek: thats mental think i will be buying 6 months at a time of buy saving stamps lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Averaging 28mpg over 5k miles over 6 months - 40mile rush hour commute 10 miles of M62 the rest extremely stop start through Bradford centre and quite a hilly route so ot much chance to coast. Did average 30mpg when I first bought it.. but you soon get bored of watching the mpg.

Personnally I think anyone who's getting 30mpg plus must live in a completely flat area and not the pennines

tbh.. running costs aren't that bad... and i've found it far more economical than my previous leon cupra 1.8T

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Averaging 28mpg over 5k miles over 6 months - 40mile rush hour commute 10 miles of M62 the rest extremely stop start through Bradford centre and quite a hilly route so ot much chance to coast. Did average 30mpg when I first bought it.. but you soon get bored of watching the mpg.

Personnally I think anyone who's getting 30mpg plus must live in a completely flat area and not the pennines

tbh.. running costs aren't that bad... and i've found it far more economical than my previous leon cupra 1.8T
that doesnt actually sound that bad considering stop start traffic etc

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Depends on your driving style and the type of driving you are doing.
At the moment, i'm only getting 320kms from the time I brim the tank until the petrol light comes on. I'm doing a lot of short journeys through rush hour traffic at the moment though :(
When I first got the car, I was driving less in rush hour traffic, and I was getting nearly 100kms more per tank

·
Registered
140 Posts
that doesnt actually sound that bad considering stop start traffic etc
I think its quite reasonable considering... if i drive a little more aggressive over a week I'll average 25ish... and if you vtec everywhere expect sub 20's!... but it does sound good :D

·
!-!
369 Posts
I had a FULL tank and have driven 130 miles so far and im just below 3/4 tank. Im shocked at how good it is, i thought it was going to be so [email protected] but it isn't.

Getting 30mpg on Motorway/ Dual carriageway and i been vtec'ing a LOT!

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you drive it VERY carefully and clever with your braking and accelerating I.e plan to never need to brake it is possible to get over 40mpg even with a bit of traffic

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
we have had out FN2 around 3 months now and lets be honest they are the cold winter months where you use more fuel, our driving is mainly local but over 2k we have averaged 29mpg which IMO is good.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
12 months ownership, 10000 miles, average 29-30mpg, £700 insurance all mods declared 6 years no claims £265 tax per year.

I looked at many cars and couldnt find anything that would be as cheap to run, service and insure with similar performance without spending double on the purchase price of the car or compromising on something like a boot or rear seats.

A brilliant all rounder if you ask me

·
Registered
289 Posts
12 months ownership, 10000 miles, average 29-30mpg, £700 insurance all mods declared 6 years no claims £265 tax per year.

I looked at many cars and couldnt find anything that would be as cheap to run, service and insure with similar performance without spending double on the purchase price of the car or compromising on something like a boot or rear seats.

+1

All round the costs are reasonable and i think over time could be similar cost to running a sports diesel.

·
!-!
369 Posts

+1

Sent from my iPhone 6 *tester* using TapaTalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts