2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 2012 5 doors civic, regular version, not typre r or something.
i was trying to find hole, but i didnt find it.
i saw the how-to thread, but i couldnt find it.
can someone help me?
pictures will be helpful?

·
Registered
283 Posts
in the middle of the car, i.e behind the heater matrix or from the engine bay behind the engine high up there is a rubber grommet. If you lie down on your back in the drivers footwell and look up behind the heater. you will see it. It is a double thickness grommet so what i did was tape a thin bit of wire to a phillips screwdriver and push it through the rubber. If you tie a small loop in it you can then hook it from the engine side. Don't use to much tape on the screwdriver/wire as it's difficult to reach behind the engine with your hands, i used a coathanger wire with a hook in it to drag it through.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
you have to take off the thin bit off black trim in the engine bay, and also pop the triangular bit off just in front of the wing mirror.

hth

Attachments

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
could you not take a feed from the 12v cigarette lighter type socket....?

Reactions: CherryTypeR

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank you crowmar kirkliss.
but i prefer to use wellhouse method, if i will not find that gorrmet i will use yours.
im going out with torch to find that rubber gorrmet :)

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
thank you crowmar kirkliss.
but i prefer to use wellhouse method, if i will not find that gorrmet i will use yours.
im going out with torch to find that rubber gorrmet :)

you will need quite a bit of force to get through the grommet, its thicker than jodie marsh's labial danglings

·
Registered
283 Posts
when you eventually pull the 4 guage through or whatever size you use, put a smear of neat washing up liquid on it, goes through a treat and is easily washed off, you only nead a tiny amount on the first bit that goes through (don't use half a bottle)

·
Registered
283 Posts
i've added the pics to my post above, it is the white/clear 4 guage cable that is in the middle of my pictures goung into the bottom of a rubber gland in the front bulkhead, hope that helps. The gland is thick on the inside of the car then there is a thin membrane on the engine side, you only want to go through once otherwise you will never pick up the hole you've made in the engine side on the second attempt. Also push through slightly offset (not straight) avoids hitting anything else and angles towards the battery in the engine bay.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
there is also a gromit behind the glovebox, which is on the side of the battery too,
+1

This is the best place to run the 12v supply through imo :D

1. Remove the battery
2. Remove the airbox

This is a 15-20min job and right at the back you can spot a large black 2" diameter rubber grommit with a cable running through it.

3. Remove the glovebox

Pretty easy, there are some guides on here

Once done you'll see a large 2" diameter grommit with a cable running through it - if I remember right the colour of the grommit from the passenger well side is white plastic.

There you'll find plenty of space on the grommit itself to drill a hole beside the cable the grommit goes through. Check back in the engine bay that where you intend to drill through doesn't damage anything else when the drill bit goes through.

4. Now drill the hole from passenger well.
5. Feed the cable through, you can then route the cable inder the carpets or round the door step wherever really.

After that you could think about routing the speaker cable into the doors it can be a right bar steward if you don't have the right technique ;)

@ Judderman - The ciggy socket is only fused for 15 or 20amps and is not really suitable.

Reactions: wayne88

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
+1

1. Remove the battery
2. Remove the airbox

This is a 15-20min job and right at the back you can spot a large black 2" diameter rubber grommit with a cable running through it.

3. Remove the glovebox

Once done you'll see a large 2" diameter grommit with a cable running through it - if I remember right the colour of the grommit from the passenger well side is white plastic.

There you'll find plenty of space on the grommit itself to drill a hole beside the cable the grommit goes through. Check back in the engine bay that where you intend to drill through doesn't damage anything else when the drill bit goes through.

5. Feed the cable through, you can then route the cable inder the carpets or round the door step wherever really.

After that you could think about routing the speaker cable into the doors it can be a right bar steward if you don't have the right technique ;)

@ Judderman - The ciggy socket is only fused for 15 or 20amps and is not really suitable.
i didnt even have to remove the airbox on my type s :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
cable

+1

1. Remove the battery
2. Remove the airbox

3. Remove the glovebox

i'm not sure why you would want to dismantle all that when you could do it in 5-10 minutes the other way without dismantling anything. Still each to their own:popcorn2:

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
i'm not sure why you would want to dismantle all that when you could do it in 5-10 minutes the other way without dismantling anything. Still each to their own:popcorn2:
Each to their own as you said, I prefer my way you prefer yours, simple.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.