2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my first honda, a 3yr old 09 plate type R with 15k on the clock a couple of months ago, I read all the look fors etc on every site i could find on the R.
And found the best example i could, from a Honda dealer.
As part of the purchase deal i insisted on a 2 year comprehensive warranty, In my words " it has to have a 2 year warranty or its a deal breaker"

Anyway im glad i pushed for the warranty.

Since picking it up, i have had the following done / replaced:
Engine pulley , as the old one was whining.
top mounts greased and tightened , was knocking

and now it looks like the clutch release bearing is going, so its booked in

Then out of curiosity last night i thought "i wonder if the tops of the doors are still ok , what with all the rain we've had", well glad i did check, just spotted the starting signs of rust, it wasnt there when i first bought the car.

In all fairness Avonvale honda coventry have been great, looks like everything is covered under the warranty, so it will all be sorted.

So a word of warning to all, check regularly for rust as the Type r seems a little prone to it, which is a shame as i really like the car and have the intention to keep it long term.

It reminds me of my old Alfa sud....fantastic to drive, Loads of character but a complete rot box. :facepalm: So i feel a full respray coming on soon, with nasty chemical based 2 pack.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
My Honda dealer told me rust on the top of the doors is not covered :mad: something about it being above the waistline of the car

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts
My Honda dealer told me rust on the top of the doors is not covered :mad: something about it being above the waistline of the car
I would take your motor to another dealer that will do the work under warranty I had done this year,you will find a lot of people on here have had this done under the warranty.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
That's complete BS mate. As above, either take your business elsewhere or get in contact with HUK.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts