2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Yesterday while changing one of the front fog lamps I noticed that there was some rust behind the front bumper area. Seems to be rust near the welds. I have taken some photos. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I take it to the dealers? The thing is my warranty runs out in about 2 weeks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I would take it back to the dealer, to be done under warranty. You paid for it within the price of the car.
If it were easily accessable for cleaning, then they could have a case for refusal, but it's not.
Make up a list of everything that you can think of to be done under warranty too, including any recalls, known faults etc that you may have missed.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
And remember that as long as it is something that is covered by warranty and you report the fault within the warranty time the dealer should honour the warranty. It is not important when it is fixed, only when reported.

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
You must have an old car if your corrosion warranty is due to run out.;)

I thought it was a six year warranty on rust. ?????

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You must have an old car if your corrosion warranty is due to run out.;)

I thought it was a six year warranty on rust. ?????
Its only a 06 plate and its a normal warranty thats gonna run out. I will ring the dealers tomorrow and report this.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hi All,

Yesterday while changing one of the front fog lamps I noticed that there was some rust behind the front bumper area. Seems to be rust near the welds. I have taken some photos. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I take it to the dealers? The thing is my warranty runs out in about 2 weeks.
I will be interested to know how you get on with a warranty claim.
Due to your photos I have looked at mine, and it is the same maybe not quite as bad but getting that way :(

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I just went and checked mine, it isn't as bad as yours but there are some patches of rust starting to appear.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread see what happens and keep an eye on the rust see if it expands.

I couldn't be bothered to take a photo either, as you can tell it isn't easy and mine wasn't as bad as the previous photo so I saw no reason.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I'm wondering what part that is... and if it comes in contact with any critical parts if it's not a critical part itself

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
Had a look at mine, can't really see any concerted rust in any particular area. Let us know how you get on :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Checked my 09 1.8 Sport, which is only 4 weeks "old". There are some small brown specks around the welding points on that part.
Hmmm - not convincing at all.

However, this must be a part of the front crash element, so it can be changed easily if it has to be done, it's only bolted on, not welded...

But rust on a new car? Is this an Alfa? Or 1950s Fiat?
[smilie=mad.gif]

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Checked mine too, it also has some brown specks :'( My car is from August 2008.

Even if it's bolted on, it can still transfer the rust to the other connected metal parts ... :(

I'm arranging my wedding, but after that fuss is done, i'll be going to the dealer with that, it just cannot be that a car of that age already has rust

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi All,

I seem to have sparked off mass panic here. Well I rang the dealers today and told them about it and also e mailed them the photos. Havent heard from them yet. I will give them a ring tomorrow and let you know.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think that rust is so much of an issue over in the UK. I'm thinking it twice and even more to come and buy a Honda from UK. That salt is killing your cars there.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Yep same here. 56 plate 2007 registered. Rust in the same place as the OP.

I suspect the salt is to blame, but this might not be an important component?

Its going to rust again if its replaced, unless they fit one resistant to rusting.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Just checked my 06 Ex.

It is similar (got brown bits) but not what I would call heavy rust. To be honest not sure if its worth even bothering with. I can see why people with 08 Civics wouldn't be happy though. But I think it would just happen again with the new parts.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts