2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had problems with rust? Just washed my car properly for the first time in a long while and noticed I have rust right at the bottom of my passenger side door!!!

Gutted does not describe how I feel.

Surely it's covered under warranty? Does anyone know?

Cheers

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Anyone had problems with rust? Just washed my car properly for the first time in a long while and noticed I have rust right at the bottom of my passenger side door!!!

Gutted does not describe how I feel.

Surely it's covered under warranty? Does anyone know?

Cheers
I have had several problems with rust, tops of the door under the rubber seal and the roof where the rubber a the top of the windscreen has rubbed off the paint. Take it to the dealers should be covered by the bodywork warrant which is 10 years if im not mistaken.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
+1

get it straight to the dealers matey

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Yep, A Trot to the Dealers is required.
You don't mention the year of your car, but did you take the weep hole bungs out ?.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I hope I'm wrong, but I believe the warranty covers rust that occurs from the inside to the outer, not rust which begins on the outside.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a 2007, so I hope it's still covered. Not sure about the weep holes, will check them tonight. Thanks for the help fellas.

Bit surprised to see rust, and other people having this issue on such a new car though!

Will update with progress and let you know how it goes

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Any update?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts