2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

Gave the 'ship a clean this morning and was not very impressed to find a line of rust! It's running down the passenger side pillar near the screen.

IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg

Not very impressed tbh as you don't really expect rust on a 6 year old car. (especially as i have kept her in very good condition) Where do i stand on this? Do i just bite the bullet and get it sorted myself or is there anything i can do in relation to Honda themselves?

Mike

Registered
Been to honda dealer last week and show them the rust under the bonnet and passenger door.... they told me this is surface rust they can't fix it, same what the honda uk told me.
Not happy with these the paint is very thin (poor quality)

Premium Member
Been to honda dealer last week and show them the rust under the bonnet and passenger door.... they told me this is surface rust they can't fix it, same what the honda uk told me.
Not happy with these the paint is very thin (poor quality)
Surface rust? So their answer is to let the car rot through so they can pay for an even bigger repair under the 12 year corrosion warranty.

more torque than the mrs
Evening All,

Gave the 'ship a clean this morning and was not very impressed to find a line of rust! It's running down the passenger side pillar near the screen.

View attachment 79543 View attachment 79548

Not very impressed tbh as you don't really expect rust on a 6 year old car. (especially as i have kept her in very good condition) Where do i stand on this? Do i just bite the bullet and get it sorted myself or is there anything i can do in relation to Honda themselves?

Mike
that imo was caused by the roof moulding chafing against the pillar hence why there was a recall for this to refit the moulding which also meant possible paintwork being done.

#MrGrumpy
that imo was caused by the roof moulding chafing against the pillar hence why there was a recall for this to refit the moulding which also meant possible paintwork being done.
I thought that was only applicable to the join above the windscreen?

more torque than the mrs
I thought that was only applicable to the join above the windscreen?
i had mine done on my first civic 06 plate 5door i had ,recall,they changed the roof moulding which goes all the way down the windscreen because of some being badly fitted from swindon,when they removed mine there was clear rust which resulted in a roof spray having to be done,i'm thinking they might of missed his somehow as it was the roof it was effecting the most not the pillar.

Premium Member
Rust is rust isn't it :confused:

so if it's not covered by the anti corrosion warranty what is then, I can understand stone chips that have gone rusty but under bonnet & doors ect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts