2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I changed my side window frame rubber seal today(where the power window slides up to), and I found out that the panel inside was rusting. The panel is at the side mirror area.

I wonder if anyone encounter that? The guy told me its normal for every car as rain water will seep through plus that panel is not painted.

Experts pls advise.

Forgot to take pictures.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hello all,

I changed my side window frame rubber seal today(where the power window slides up to), and I found out that the panel inside was rusting. The panel is at the side mirror area.

I wonder if anyone encounter that? The guy told me its normal for every car as rain water will seep through plus that panel is not painted.

Experts pls advise.

Forgot to take pictures.
Yes, thats a common issue on the 8th gen civic. I'd have it looked at at your dealer. I think there's 12 year rust garantuee.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
I sprayed the inside and the inner bottom of my doors with hammerite waxoyl.

Job done forget about it!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I guess you know the answer to that question already.
It could just be some surface rust, can you just wipe it off with your finger? If thats the case just give it a good clean and put on some protective coat.
Or it could be a corrosion of the panel in which case it is more severe and i think it should be adressed.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
The corrosion warranty is (I think) either 7 or 12 years, according to Country

But, only for 'through' corrosion - not just surface

Just treat it with "D-Rust" or similar, then fit rain reflectors (Climair or Heko)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rust is all the way inside the door. Cannot be cleaned entirely.

I believe all of the FN have thie issue..... Sighs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts