2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads,

I have noticed strange thing as my bottom bumper grill mesh comes rusty! Original black paint peels off :O

Have any of you got a similar issue? 2015 car made shoudn't have this kind of surprises I say...

·
Registered
CTR 2010 Mugen with Tein suspension, whiteline ARBs front and rear, Upgraded pads and discs
65 Posts
That is quite odd re the rust, I have noticed the paint peeling off my 2010 Type R likely from motorway stone chips, but it's def not rusty it shouldn't rust as I believe it's an aluminium mesh???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is quite odd re the rust, I have noticed the paint peeling off my 2010 Type R likely from motorway stone chips, but it's def not rusty it shouldn't rust as I believe it's an aluminium mesh???
Just wondering if that can be fixed by honda for free under warranty. Don’t remember now how many years is body covered with? I will check my manual and contact with Honda people.

·
Registered
146 Posts
get decent fine grade sandpaper rub it down and give it a going over with a paint pen. :) sorted

doubt dealer will replace it, worth a try, although the actual part is quite cheap.

@The_Black_Hawk maybe only the type-rs are aluminium maybe?
The 9th gen type-r is not painted silver but aluminium. are the previous generations the same? or do the 8th gen Type-rs get black meshes?

·
Registered
FK8 Type R & FN2 Type R
536 Posts
Just wondering if that can be fixed by honda for free under warranty. Don’t remember now how many years is body covered with? I will check my manual and contact with Honda people.
Very odd indeed, if I recall the rust warranty for the body from Honda is 12 years but I doubt they'd consider this applicable.
Like @Mandoscottie said, either use some sandpaper to remove the rust and paint it or if it's a cheap part (I'd imagine so) then perhaps avoid the headache and just replace it.
I'm guessing it could be from rock chips but still odd
get decent fine grade sandpaper rub it down and give it a going over with a paint pen. :) sorted

doubt dealer will replace it, worth a try, although the actual part is quite cheap.

@The_Black_Hawk maybe only the type-rs are aluminium maybe?
The 9th gen type-r is not painted silver but aluminium. are the previous generations the same? or do the 8th gen Type-rs get black meshes?
Yeah the 8th gen Type R's have simple plastic mesh, I'm surprised the 9th gen isn't to be honest seeing as the 8th and 10th gens are indeed plastic

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was toying with changing mine to the std black to match the rest of the front. Or white and it would be like teeth in its cheeky grin :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts