2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1248 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Called into a mates spray paint shop for a quote on colour coding the bumpers on my Type S. He took a look at my roof and said there is a recall on a certain batch of Honda Civic as the windscreen rubber strip cuts the paint.

Off i went to Honda and they said its covered, so a new respray and rubber strip on the roof with a brand new Honda Civic to test drive for a couple of days as a courtesy car.

Below are some pics of my roof in a mess.. ill post some photos of when its all done!

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
That is quite a bit of rust. I've checked under the seal on mine and it is fine. I may pop some waxoyl under it at some point just to seal it completely.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you only spot this when you went to a bodyshop to get a quote for the bumper??
I did notice it before, just thought there ain't nothing i can do that don't involve a respray. Its strange how Honda wont say anything unless you point it out to them.

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I have a 07 plate mine appears to be ok for now. Are there many people that haven't had this issue?

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Had my 06's roof resprayed by Honda and it was nowhere near as bad as this on.

How have you gone on with this CDTI ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its going in on wednesday,their giving me the new civic 2.2 to try out for a couple of days. Ill post photos soon of the roof all done :) i hope there are no issues with paint colour!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
201 Posts
I went out and had a look at mine just now and have noticed that it has started to rust!!! does it matter how old the car is as mines an 2008 and out of warranty

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Mine's a 2007, has signs of it but nowhere near as bad as the pictures above.

It's not been serviced at Honda since the first service so I'm not holding out much hope to be honest but I'll take it to Honda sometime soon and see what they say.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That rust looks like it will have crept to the underside of the roof, how are they going to fix it ?

·
Twisted by the Dark side
1,278 Posts
had mine done 2 weeks before the extended corrosion warranty ran out, it only had 4 stamps because I have serviced it since I have owned it.

No bother, phone them dropped it off, they photographed my service book. I took my receipts for honda service parts I have used for the just in case but they didnt ask. gave me a jazz and picked it up 1 week later all done with another 1 year warranty for the work.:D

just wish they did the same with the clutches:worms:

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
If your car doesn't have full service history and had the corrison check each yeah they can get out of doing it under warranty as it states this needs to be done. That's what I got at first but after keep pestering and threatening to go to trading standards they backed down as I brought my car from Honda as a full service history car, but Honda uk didn't like the fact the first service was carried out by ABP and they hadn't done the corrison check.

1 - 20 of 1248 Posts