2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just had a call from Honda regarding the line of rust on the roof of my 07 CTR - its not that bad but figured I'd get it checked when it went for its service a couple of weeks ago.

It would seem that Honda UK have authorised the 'basic repair', i.e replacing the seal and respraying the roof however it would appear I could be charged up to £300 for preparation work.

I wouldn't have thought the damage on mine was as bad as they're making out compared to others I've seen. Don't have any photos at the minute but its just an orange line along the seal there's no bubbling of flaking as of yet.

Has anyone else experienced this and had to pay that amount?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
From what I've heard most people manage to get it done free, even outside the warranty. Mine sounds similar to yours. An orange line across the top, but mine has a slight bit of bubbling. I've got a 58 reg, so my warranty will expire in December. Might take it to my local Honda dealership when I have some time off work.

Hope you manage to get yours sorted. It's a manufacturing fault really, so they should do it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts