2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
hey guys

now what with all the grief people have been having with getting there roof rust sorted under warranty whether it be because honda uk are taking ages to get back to the dealer or that bond uk are claiming they no nothing about this. i have the holy grail that will help everybody get there roof fixed without any problems.

only today i traveled to my nearest approved body repair centre to be told it will be fixed with no problems and without contacting honda uk.

the bulletin even claims that honda are not to touch the roof rust unless the owner/buyer mentions it! and that in some instances it can be fixed without contacting honda uk at all

i hope this helps guys and if it does please get in touch to let me know

feel free to print this off and use at your disposal

the service bulletin is as follows:

page 1

page 2

page 3

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
They offered me a goodwill gesture of £200 plus VAT for being out of warranty currently in the stage of writing to Honda UK direct to get this resolved as if i'd known about this bulletin when i bought the car, i would of been able to get it done for free, the fact that they won't recall the cars until the customer complains to me is naughty and not how to treat your customers. Shall let you know how i get on!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id just like to say this isnt a "got honda by the balls" fix as rick stated it is still all about being in warranty but yes you could get lucky but this bulletin will certainly stop them from saying its not a warranty fix, they dont know about it or even if my case they dont even need to wait for Honda UK's response its only in serious circumstances that they need to contact HQ this is stated on page 2

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
"Annual corrosion inspection must be verified for this repair" page 3. Does this mean that in my case, my car( 59 plate) will not be covered because it has only 2 honda stamps, and another by a performance garage?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not at all the first service on my car was by and independant garage and then the two after that were honda stamps the guy didnt even care about the service book but i made him take a picture just in case and as stated in the bulletin even if the had found corrosion they wont mention it until you do

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had taken mine to a honda dealership and they tried to hit me with that excuse that because my last service was not done by Honda themselves and was done by another performance group that it may not be covered. I was to take it and they would send pictures down anyway?...

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
My car is 7 years old so out of scope for this, but I do have a honda warranty. Does this mean I am covered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone clairfy this for me. I have just bought a NHB FN2 and it seams to have this problem with the roof. It is an 07 plate but all the services done previously were by Honda and I have the car check logs which should have pulled this issue up shouldn't they?

Whats my chances of having this done under warranty?

·
Type-R GT -08
126 Posts
I checked my car and noticed some corrosion last year. (Type-R 2008)

I contacted my Honda dealer and they took a picture of it and send it to Honda Sweden main office.

Just 2 weeks later they called and said that they will fix my car for no charge what so ever.

And that was when i have had my car for 5 years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello guys, my car also has this problem, I read your question and I was heartened by a lot.

Beat the holidays, I'm going to pay a visit to my local honda dealer, ask for explanations and solutions, the only problem that my car is 8 years old.

hopefully good ... greetings ...

[/url]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
251 Posts
This is an interesting read.

I have owned my Fk3 for a month or so and noticed a the corrosion starting, isnt to bad just now. What would people recommend that i do? The car is on a 56 plate.

Would it be worth taking it to a Honda dealer and getting them to look at it? As reading the above it is outside the warranty period.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Can anyone clairfy this for me. I have just bought a NHB FN2 and it seams to have this problem with the roof. It is an 07 plate but all the services done previously were by Honda and I have the car check logs which should have pulled this issue up shouldn't they?

Whats my chances of having this done under warranty?
Mines a 2008 1 honda stamp and the rest all over the place it's in honda getting done as we speak 👍 try it

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Mines a 2008 1 honda stamp and the rest all over the place it's in honda getting done as we speak �� try it
I think it depends on the Honda dealer.
I have just got mine done I was told it is a 6 year warranty so my car was still within that time scale.

Give it a go what have you got to loose :)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
only carry out the repair when a customer complains. how disgusting, they should honour there reputation. seems the newer the car these days the worse they get. nothing is built to lats like the good old days.

thanks for sharing the bulletin

1 - 20 of 90 Posts