2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Looks ace! Though for a track car, personally, I think it is expensive. Cost is relative though... :worms:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. Base cars are ~£4k these days - add the adjustable suspension - roll cage - seats - wheels - I was thinking more like sub £6k. It's been on sale for a while now, so maybe the price will drop. One to watch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you'd have to really know your stuff to make it a good drift car, not much torque to break traction.

depends what you want from track days - modding and tuning cars to get better times - not easy to do that on an S cheaply.

a really lightweight as stock car, which has been designed from the outset for high speed, controlled cornering.. yep £4k will get you that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
oops, just looked at the link. yeah, 101k miles, some on track, you'd be looking at a newer engine after a short while. so you're really paying for the race roll bars, seats, and wheels/tyres - pretty sure you could source those more ccheaply independently.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry for the late reply. For the 2012 track season I've bought a Porsche 944 S2. It came stripped out with roll cage, bucket seats, harness and Spax suspension. It wasn't what I was originally looking for, but the price was right. :)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Reminds me of the porsche 944 that was in a wheeler dealers episode, but is was black and had orange alloys.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, for fun I recently rewatched that episode on YouTube - that 944 was a turbo. Not sure I'll be making a profit on mine - more like a loss if I had to sell tomorrow.

Jobs completed so far:
undersealed arches and sills
oil and filter
fuel filter
coolant
stripped front calipers
brake fluid
front tyres
drive shaft gaiter

Jobs to do:
suspension geometry
reposition harness anchors
fix leak from steering rack

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
My neighbough wrote his off outside my house the other day lol, accelerated too hard in the rain and planted it into the tree near my house, hit it pretty hard but got out and was fine, seems like a very robust car!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts