2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save me trawling through the hundreds of Google links when entering S2000, can anyone please recommend a good UK website on the car. I'm after general buying tips and information.

Or maybe members here have owned one and can share their experiences?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts
To save me trawling through the hundreds of Google links when entering S2000, can anyone please recommend a good UK website on the car. I'm after general buying tips and information.

Or maybe members here have owned one and can share their experiences?

Thanks.
I've owned one, had it for 3 yrs from new in 2003

·
Administrator
15,510 Posts

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
If you're looking for anything specific, head on over the forum mentioned above.

I'm a member and have owned my S2000 for a while now. We have a technical FAQ which is also worth reading, as it includes alot of important information

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Best bit of info ever .... It's nicknamed the widowmaker for a reason ! Nothing to save you if it goes wrong which it does very often ! I just rolled mine at 20mph down an embankment due to it being a bit damp !

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Best bit of info ever .... It's nicknamed the widowmaker for a reason ! Nothing to save you if it goes wrong which it does very often ! I just rolled mine at 20mph down an embankment due to it being a bit damp !
really?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
All I know about S2000's is they're very hard to mod without messing things up. They're extremely fussy about suspension setups.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
All I know about S2000's is they're very hard to mod without messing things up. They're extremely fussy about suspension setups.
Probably explains the 20mph roll above - the car had just had enough so flipped itself over out of protest. :lol:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I had an AP2 which was a later one, the earlier ones can be a bit "tear your face off" once you get out of shape. I went for a VSA model and very glad I did! In the wet it saved me a few times I have to say! Although I've never been shy driving anything.

Also the figures might suggest its only a tad quicker than a standard Type R but dont be fooled it felt way quicker than my old Mugen which had 230bhp ish, its an absolute rocket!

I had an exhaust and a full decat from a test pipe and this made quite a difference too! I never messed with the suspension as the handling was very sweet from the get go, although as a cornering weapon with all the upgrades the Mugen had it wouldnt quite compare in outright grip at 100% throtle.

Best car I've owned though! slightly more thirsty than the Type R, £450 max road tax too as mine was 2008.

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I've seen loads spinning out at the Nurburgring..

skip to 1:05..

One of many :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
As said, ones without vsa have a serious temper and are very unforgiving if you mess it up ....as I did :( but other than that its the best car I have ever driven, I had the ap2 on an 07 plate but even the ap1 still looks the nuts aswell ! I don't think the engine is quite as free revving as the civic but it feels a lot quicker and the stock sound is awesome!

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Have an AP1 2004.
Good advise is to leave car inside at around freezing temp
If you can no resist to take it for a spin, let the tyres warm up.
If not the car will take YOU for a spin instead of the other way round...
For the rest cherish the car like it is the last one you will ever own.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I ve had a an 04 plate type R from new then pxd it for an 04 S2000 , the S2000 was a handful but I only nearly lost it once when going round a round about and that was in the wet . Foot off gas and back she came great car I would have another tomorrow . go and get one suspension bushes can seize but you will only know if you try to have them adjusted roof tears are another issue but who ever your buying it from especially if private will know this

·
Registered
446 Posts
First thing to note is that all 2.0L S2000's are AP1 regardless of their age or specification.
AP2 models are 2.2L and sold primarily in the US market but were never sold in the UK. Therefore if you are looking at a UK (or JP) car with a 2 litre engine it is definitely an AP1 (there were a few changes throughout the product life but the model didn't change).
The best place to get advice from a number of owners would be the UK section of S2ki.com - lots of good info on there.
S2000 is a great car (I loved mine), but you do need to get used to rear wheel drive if you've only ever had fwd.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
First thing to note is that all 2.0L S2000's are AP1 regardless of their age or specification.
AP2 models are 2.2L and sold primarily in the US market but were never sold in the UK. Therefore if you are looking at a UK (or JP) car with a 2 litre engine it is definitely an AP1 (there were a few changes throughout the product life but the model didn't change).
The best place to get advice from a number of owners would be the UK section of S2ki.com - lots of good info on there.
S2000 is a great car (I loved mine), but you do need to get used to rear wheel drive if you've only ever had fwd.
wel said;)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Keep an eye on where the car was registered, cars registered before 23rd March 2006 have a road tax band of K at rates of £154 for 6 months or £280 for 12. Cars registered after this date fall under L - £261.25 for 6 months or £475 for 12.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts