2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
anyone with a s2000, how much are people paying on insurance? just as a rough guide.
My boss who is 43 and has max NCB, car is garaged and limited mileage is paying £780 fully comp !!!! Ouch its a group 20...he was well hacked off cos my mate who is 27 was paying less for his 2003 BMW M3 :p

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
My boss who is 43 and has max NCB, car is garaged and limited mileage is paying £780 fully comp !!!! Ouch its a group 20...he was well hacked off cos my mate who is 27 was paying less for his 2003 BMW M3 :p
£680, I have just turned 23.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
S2000 insurance

I just paid £564 am 43 car garaged limited mileage however had to use my full NCB on the S2000 and started from scratch with the insurance on Civic although esure has given me a 3 year discount on the rate.

I did not realise that you have to build up a NCB for each car you own! So was a bit shocked. Car is fab though.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
i just paid £564 am 43 car garaged limited mileage however had to use my full ncb on the s2000 and started from scratch with the insurance on civic although esure has given me a 3 year discount on the rate.

I did not realise that you have to build up a ncb for each car you own! So was a bit shocked. Car is fab though.
try see if you can get a multi car policy

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I use to own a S2000, upon selling I was 31 my car was just over 1 year old (this was my 2nd S2000 and owned from new) full NCB, no points, good postcode cost, garaged, no mileage limit was about £500 including a couple of declared mods.

I recently did a few insurance quotes for fun and the insurance for a S2000 had gone up even though I'm now 34 and a Aston Martin V8 Vantage and a 911 C4S were both cheaper! I guess more S2000's are going backwards through hedges as the driver age gets younger, the cars get older, cheaper and this is pushing premiums up.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
jeez thats madness isnt it
shocking although group 20 there are bands within group 20 i heard, and they start lettering performance cars...
mad how the 230odd hp s2000 is so high
i was looking at the new white one the other day...

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
yes but there are bigger engined cars like bmw 335 in insurance group 15 i think...thats a 3.l or more.
and what i mean is a 2litre vtec in the same group as astons - although not in maybe the same alphabetical group...still mad..
they should have groups 1-40..

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
yes but there are bigger engined cars like bmw 335 in insurance group 15 i think...thats a 3.l or more.
and what i mean is a 2litre vtec in the same group as astons - although not in maybe the same alphabetical group...still mad..
they should have groups 1-40..
Not really because the grouping is not solely related to performance or CC's.

Like others have suggested, it is a combination of factors which enable the insurer to make a "risk" assessment on how likely they are to pay out for anything. This could be going backwards into a ditch (the S2000 can be twitchy in the wet), the victim of crime (e.g the roof getting slashed), or the likelyhood of theft etc.

whilst it might only have 240PS and a 2.0 Vtec engine, it is still every bit as quick as a 335, and in fairness probably is more attractive to thieves.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Not really because the grouping is not solely related to performance or CC's.

Like others have suggested, it is a combination of factors which enable the insurer to make a "risk" assessment on how likely they are to pay out for anything. This could be going backwards into a ditch (the S2000 can be twitchy in the wet), the victim of crime (e.g the roof getting slashed), or the likelyhood of theft etc.

whilst it might only have 240PS and a 2.0 Vtec engine, it is still every bit as quick as a 335, and in fairness probably is more attractive to thieves.
Yep, grouping is not all about power and replacement cost. Think about it, mores S2000's on the road than say a AM Vantage equals potentially more crashes, more nicked cars etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts