2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
How high are you looking to rev mate?

If its up to around 9k you can get your RRC or PRC pump modiifed. if its 9.5k+ then you can buy an F-series kit from the USA (ERL)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How high are you looking to rev mate?

If its up to around 9k you can get your RRC or PRC pump modiifed. if its 9.5k+ then you can buy an F-series kit from the USA (ERL)
Its Drag Cartel who've advise me to go for the S2K pump, he thinks I'll still make power with my DIC cams the higher I can rev.

I've looked at ERL but it says the conversion requires a Honda K24 oil pump chain, tensioner and oil pan and I've no idea where to source them.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Problem going s2k on the FN2 is that you need to change the oil pan as you say but the lower front engine mount connects to our oil pan but on the k24 it doesn't

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Its Drag Cartel who've advise me to go for the S2K pump, he thinks I'll still make power with my DIC cams the higher I can rev.

I've looked at ERL but it says the conversion requires a Honda K24 oil pump chain, tensioner and oil pan and I've no idea where to source them.
These bits are available from a honda dealer I guess. BTW Which header did you go for after?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Dave drop a PM to Richard at autofair on here or k20a.org and ask for the parts list, he should have them and be able to get them to you cheap :)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem going s2k on the FN2 is that you need to change the oil pan as you say but the lower front engine mount connects to our oil pan but on the k24 it doesn't
Guess that puts an end to that idea then!

These bits are available from a honda dealer I guess. BTW Which header did you go for after?
Never thought of Honda!

I'm using a J's Racing FX Pro header, got a decat pipe for it now too so hoping that makes a difference...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I think you should get a map tweak for the new header and see if your motor wants to make power past 8700 / 8800 rpm first

Thats where i've been reving to the last two years on a stock k20a2 pump without issue.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think you should get a map tweak for the new header and see if your motor wants to make power past 8700 / 8800 rpm first

Thats where i've been reving to the last two years on a stock k20a2 pump without issue.
The last map which retained the cat the power was still climbing, but because I'm using stock valve springs Drag Cartel dont recommend going past 8400. I've got a Supertech Valvetrain kit on the way, which is why I'm now looking at pumps so I can rev higher.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The last map which retained the cat the power was still climbing, but because I'm using stock valve springs Drag Cartel dont recommend going past 8400. I've got a Supertech Valvetrain kit on the way, which is why I'm now looking at pumps so I can rev higher.

I would say get tuned first, you can rev it to 9000 rpm on the dyno a few times without worrying once you get the supertech's in there. Then you'll know if you need a better pump.

·
Premium Member
2,573 Posts
you can modify your oil sump.

even better you can get one used to modify and keep yours intact!

here is what Jaydee from down under did to his k20z4 oil sump for fitting s2k oil pump!!

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
I have a ERL S2K pump to install in my K20z4, so I have been looking to the same issue.

The user Tomola on K20a.org, is running a ERL kit on a FN2 using the K24 sump.

I tryed to contact him to know what he did to the rear motor mount, but no luck so far.... :(

But i do think modifying our OEM pan will be the best option... lets see if Ian @ ClockWise Motion is willing to do that... :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts