2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Apologies if this has been suggested before, but could you add a lock feature to the sale section, whereby if the item is sold, or no longer available, then the original poster can close their own thread?

It would help identify what threads are still active and have items for sale.

Just a thought.... :)

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I don't think we have been able to find a good technical solution for this, but if you just report your own thread and ask a mod to close it then we will move it to the archive section.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think we have been able to find a good technical solution for this, but if you just report your own thread and ask a mod to close it then we will move it to the archive section.
Thanks FWH.

I've seen it in action on another vbulletin forum, so that's where I got the idea.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have a link to that forum?

The issue may be that we do not allow editing in the For Sale section.
Could well be....

I can link you to the forum, but the sale section (Members Market) is closed until you meet certain criteria, so you wouldn't be able to see the 'close thread' option in action.

·
Super Moderator
24,241 Posts
Is a member anymore likely to revisit their thread to close it than to post the item is sold?

As FWH says, we generally close and archive threads once confirmation has been received that the deal is complete. By allowing the seller to close their own thread it may stop the buyer from giving feedback, in the thread, about the sale.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is a member anymore likely to revisit their thread to close it than to post the item is sold?

As FWH says, we generally close and archive threads once confirmation has been received that the deal is complete. By allowing the seller to close their own thread it may stop the buyer from giving feedback, in the thread, about the sale.
Yeah, I guess there is still the reliance on the original poster closing down their thread, just an idea anyway folks. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.