has anyone got one?

does it work ok with HFT?

Can it sync a calendar with MS Outlook?

cheers all :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well....kind of!

about 5 times out of 10 when I get in the car, it will beep at me and ask if I want to connect to Honda HFT and I have to select OK for it to pair. Bit annoying. Even more annoying is when it doesnt do that and I have to go thru menus to get it to connect. Once connected it seems to work fine.

I havent tried syncing calendars etc, but I am having trouble getting it to pair with a mac. don't know if it will be any different on a PC, but I'm sure it will be better supported.

Apart from BT annoyances I do like the phone. It's a replacement for my RAZR which sounded beyond awful on the HFT (tried a few different phones and it def seemed to be a RAZR problem rather than HFT, altho I do have the HFT problem on top!) so it does sound better, but is a bit annoying to have to keep selecting it to pair every time i get in the car.

hope that helps!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's great, cheers!

'bit of a pain' I can live with - 'not working at all' would not have been good news LOL

many thanks :D [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
civvie06 said:
Well....kind of!

about 5 times out of 10 when I get in the car, it will beep at me and ask if I want to connect to Honda HFT and I have to select OK for it to pair................................

....................but is a bit annoying to have to keep selecting it to pair every time i get in the car.

hope that helps!
My new Z400i did that, but I went into the connectivity settings and you can turn off the authorisation for individual devices. On the Z400 you go in to connectivity, then bt then my devices, select the HFT and hit options you can then choose to authorise the device, it will not ask to connect from then on. Also on the Z400i if it is not authorised it has either a red cross, or a padlock or something next to the device in my devices.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yup I just got my D500 to pair with my HFT, even though the HFT website says it isn't compatible.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
It might pair, but does it work??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah it worked, took a call on it, will need the HFT mic adjustment done to it though, so hopefully Honda will roll that out officially soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My new Z400i did that, but I went into the connectivity settings and you can turn off the authorisation for individual devices.
Genius!!! I love this forum! that makes my life a hell of a lot easier, but i guess it does just go to show......rtfm!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm even more chuffed now - cheers all! [smilie=gt-happyup.:

that'll be a call to Orange tomorrow then :D

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
civvie06 said:
My new Z400i did that, but I went into the connectivity settings and you can turn off the authorisation for individual devices.
Genius!!! I love this forum! that makes my life a hell of a lot easier, but i guess it does just go to show......rtfm!
I didn't read the manual, don't weaken Civvie, you're better than that!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got a decision from the wife as to which phone she wants - about half an hour ago, spookily!

Now just need to beat up Orange into giving me the deal I want...

Hopefully will be doing this tomorrow, so should be able to report on the D900 soon :D

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Whilst on the subject of compatible phones has anyone successfully paired and used a sony ericcson p910i - my k750i works fine but the p910i pairs ok but fails to be recognised when making a call!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I notice the D900 does not support voice dialing on the phone, if this is the case then how does it work with the HFT in the civic, does the civic HFT do the voice dialing bit ? just asking as not sure whether to go for a Samsung D900 or a Nokia N73 ?

Cheers
Kev.

·
estranged
391 Posts
kev, as far as I can see, the HFT doesn't use the phone's voice dialling at all. If you want to store a number, you 'talk' it through with the onboard computer, give it a name (like 'Home'), and that's it.

There's probably more features, but that's all I've done.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kev

I beleive the HFT will do the voice bit, then pass the number to be dialed to the phone via bluetooth :)

I was looking at the N73 too, but was put off by all the reviews on the carphone warehouse site.
Almost everyone who had the phone said how poor the battery life was :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that makes that decision easier, anyone had any issues with the D900 and the HFT ?, i notice on the honda website it has loads of sections on the compatibility stuff wether it supports this or that, im guessing if it pairs with the hft everything works ok i.e. i can make use of all the features the hft supports. Hope that makes sense..

Cheers
Kev.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very welcome Kev :D

But - er - don't blame me if the D900 is rubbish! :lol:

VERY frustrating hour on the phone with Orange today, now awaiting a call back from their CS dept :?

And we thought Honda CS was a bit dodgy :lol:

Welcome aboard though Kev - pretty sure you are right, and the HFT does all the hard work :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts