2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and it was working fine with Android Auto up until the June security update. Since that update, the user experience has been slow and laggy, to the point that it's nearly unusable. Subsequent security updates have failed to improve things.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the latest security updates, works fine with Android Auto.

I, and a couple of others, have raised tickets with Android Auto for the problem, but after initially asking for bug reports and details back in June, it seems that the Android Auto developers aren't interested.

Has anyone else had this problem with the S9 or S9+ phones? Better still, does anyone have a solution or information about when Android Auto or Samsung will fix the problem?

I'm thinking of downgrading my phone to an S8 so I can use Android Auto again. Can anyone confirm whether the S8 definitely still works properly?

I think it'd be really useful if we could compile a list of phones that definitely work with Android Auto in the 2017 civic. People could make use of that list, when considering upgrading.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I have the s8 and have had issues. Was when I was using spotify and maps at the same time, whatever reason spotify just stopped. Had to stop and restart the car to make things right again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the s8 and have had issues. Was when I was using spotify and maps at the same time, whatever reason spotify just stopped. Had to stop and restart the car to make things right again.
Other than that, is the UI smooth and responsive? No massive lags?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Yeap, when it works, it works well.. just has that 'paddy fit' from time To time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone seen any updates on a fix for this?

I've got a note 9 same issues. Animation very slow and juddery, touches not registered. Note 8 worked perfectly.

Had the same issue with a rental Vauxhall Insignia. Was hoping an update to Android Pie would fix it but no exactly the same.

The silence from Android Auto and Samsung is painful.........

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's already set to that. Think it has been since I got the phone and definitely since I got the the new civic.

As a side note just had a 5 minute play with the same phone in a 68 plate Vauxhall Mokka.

Works great no obvious issues. See what it's like over the 4 hour drive tomorrow....

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 and it was working fine with Android Auto up until the June security update. Since that update, the user experience has been slow and laggy, to the point that it's nearly unusable. Subsequent security updates have failed to improve things.

My wife's Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with the latest security updates, works fine with Android Auto.

I, and a couple of others, have raised tickets with Android Auto for the problem, but after initially asking for bug reports and details back in June, it seems that the Android Auto developers aren't interested.

Has anyone else had this problem with the S9 or S9+ phones? Better still, does anyone have a solution or information about when Android Auto or Samsung will fix the problem?

I'm thinking of downgrading my phone to an S8 so I can use Android Auto again. Can anyone confirm whether the S8 definitely still works properly?

I think it'd be really useful if we could compile a list of phones that definitely work with Android Auto in the 2017 civic. People could make use of that list, when considering upgrading.
The problem is you can't downgrade the model and downgrade Android as the latest updates are rolled out to all phones. There can sometimes still be a difference between flagship and non flagship phones on Android versions, but even those non flagship on a slightly older version will have received updates which are probably similar to the ones rolled out on the very latest version. There's no such thing really as an old version. The latest flagship will have the newest version but usually ALL the rest will usually have the next to latest version probably with the same updates. The main differences between versions from what I've noticed is usually the addition of a couple of features. I'm guessing the underlying base code is very similar.

If I had to guess, this is probably down to a security update. The lack of interest you mention from AA may mean that they know the cause but don't currently have a way around it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I gave up waiting for a fix. It’s seven months now and no sign of a fix. I switched to an iPhone and am using Apple CarPlay, which works perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts