2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting my head around all the parts I need to install a double DIN.

Fascia + Connect 2 kit :
ebay.co.uk/itm/CTKHD01-Stereo-Double-Din-Fascia-Replacement-Fitting-Kit-For-Honda-Civic-2006/250939231668?epid=1305116511&hash=item3a6d24cdb4:g:2rcAAOSwlzRaX1Bi

Double Din
amazon.co.uk/XTRONS%C2%AE-Android-Bluetooth-Support-Navigation/dp/B0792X89SH/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1523633815&sr=8-1&keywords=android+8+double+din

1. Is there any extra cables I need to order?
2. I have 2009 model with USB under arm rest, can I connect this usb port to head unit?
3. If I get an external MIC, can I connect this to head unit? What interface mic should i get? is it 3.5mm?
4. Can I attach a reverse camera and dash cam? Can reverse camera automatically turn on when reverse gear is engaged?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Should be fine once you have Connects2 kit.

Don't know about connecting to USB or mic, but you certainly can hook up a reverse cam - it will automatically work with reverse lights on. Be sure and get a night vision one - trust me on this!

Good luck with the install, take your time and enjoy the experience. There is a great YouTube video on removing the radio which helped me a lot.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
youtube.com/watch?v=8CEji94jqK4
This is the video I am thinking of using removing head unit.

Still trying to find one to install reverse camera

1 - 3 of 3 Posts