2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2009 Type S into Blade Honda today to get their viewpoint on the rear brakes. I was quite disappointed that both the front and rear pads have onyl lasted 37,000 miles but such is life.

Anyway I had a good look at a new Civic, they had 2 in the showroom (ES & EX GT). The ES was a 2.2 in white and had a 17" wheel upgrade. I have to say it looked good and I was really very impressed with the interior.

Would I buy one? Well I will be looking to change my 1.4 early next year and it would certainly be on my list of possible replacements. Next time it will be a diesel and I'm quite interested in the new 1.6

One observation I did make is the S model in the brochure, I didn't know they were selling one as it's not on the website. I doubt there would be much demand for it, it doesn't even have a radio as standard or as an option according to the brochure.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I was quite disappointed that both the front and rear pads have onyl lasted 37,000 miles.
:confused: I'm guessing a few on here would be quite happy with that ;)

sorry, back on topic;

I sat in one the other day and I have to say its a nice place to sit. Quality.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
It seems that Honda to sell an S model on most if not all of the range
but it is not really advertised - hence people will go for the next model up
clever, but also a little naughty in my book Honda.

·
Administrator
21,151 Posts
Takes me back to the time when Hillman did a similar trick and sold a really bog standard Imp.

It didn't even come with sunvisors such was the level of kit stripped out or not put in.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Nothing 'naughty' about it.
Honda (and most other manufacturers) have done this for years, there will usually be an 'S' spec made to satisfy Homologation rules, it'll have less stuff in it and therefore be lighter, therefore giving better economy figures etc.

If you want one, you can have one, but it will be factory built. These spec are also used when building stuff for the emergency services as they have their own radio/communication stuff fitted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts