2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why you have to have the Sat Nav to be able to have the rear parking camera.

I don't see how the two options inter connect - isn't the monitor already in the dash for the computer etc?

B.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Do you not have the satnav yet have this full colour screen?

diag3.jpg

I don't have the satnav so only have a 3 (I think) colour screen within my dash and the digital readout for the clock; neither of these good enough to display full video for a camera.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

surely there's only the satnav, and the non satnav screen.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
basegreen said:
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

surely there's only the satnav, and the non satnav screen.
Exactly what I was thinking basegreen; and I don't have the satnav screen. I'm just wondering if some versions would have the screen but no satnav for some reason??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there are two different screens - one for sat nav and one not for sat nav. Great money spinner that, how much would it cost for a full colour screen?

I've got a PSP and that's only £180 with all the on-board software and other bits 'n' pieces.

Bit of a rip off asking for sat nav to be able to have a rear parking camera :(

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Bart,

To fit the TFT screen in all cars just in case the owner wants to add the parking camera would bump the cost up for everyone else. It will almost certainly cost more than £180 - remember economies of scale and how many millions of PSPs have been made.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I had the sport as a loaner for a while without satnav, as far as I recall it doesn't really have a screen to speak of, just an LCD.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pottsy,

Yeah, you're right - I didn't think of the economies of scale - just the cost of a single stand alone product :oops:

I think the rear parking camera is an excellent option though.....just a tad too expensive with sat nav :(

B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts