2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

been having this problem since I had my alternator changed (and presumably since the battery was taken out)

I've tried a variety of internal settings and even gone and taken the battery out, but for whatever reason, I can not adjust the satnavs back light setting when it's in "night mode" and the radio button on the dashboard has stopped working also.

I'm thinking these 2 things are linked somehow, but as the video I've attached shows, it's a bloody stressful nightmare and renders the satnav unreadable at night.

if there's a setting, or a method I havent tried, please enlighten me. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Which radio button on dash did also stop? Does other illumination work when you move know near tacho for brightness?
If it's only problem with satnav then maybe problem on pin 11 on nav screen. Which is to tell screen when lights are on. It's on underdash fusebox No.14

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which radio button on dash did also stop? Does other illumination work when you move know near tacho for brightness?
If it's only problem with satnav then maybe problem on pin 11 on nav screen. Which is to tell screen when lights are on. It's on underdash fusebox No.14

Hi thanks,

none of the other buttons on the dash have stopped working except for the radio one.
the little windy knob next to the speedometer still works fine, but has no effect on the satnav now
"pin 11 on the nav screen" is "underneath the fusebox, No.14"

sorry, but I have no idea how to fix that. can you go into a little more detail?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can look here wiring diagram for satnav. Pin 11 is coming from fuse No. 14
Sat nav connections & diagram - Civinfo Wiki

I'm sorry I've been lookign at this for 10 mins now, and I just dont get what I'm doing or looking for.
I literally dont even get what it is. is it BEHIND the sat nav? am I expected to take my satnav out to see these pins or something?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I'm sorry I've been lookign at this for 10 mins now, and I just dont get what I'm doing or looking for.
I literally dont even get what it is. is it BEHIND the sat nav? am I expected to take my satnav out to see these pins or something?
Like I wrote before if lights on dash dim on knob and also on radio unit then problem is wire on satnav display. That wire I wrote before pin11 on display gets info when lights are on and dims display. So I presume that there is problem with it. I marked on diagram which wire might be problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi, did you ever fix your issue and if so what did you do?

I have a not to dis-similar problem that you had/have - my screen appears to be too dim, especially in night-mode at night and even with brightness fully up in night-mode! I have to press the night/day button to go to day mode but at night the glare above on the windscreen is just too bright!

Last resort will be installing a double-din unit with satnav!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi again,

I've never been able to fix this and dealers and mechanics are stumped.

The only thing they suggest is sending the whole unit off to FRANCE to be checked..
so.. no.

I did however notice that by leaving my headlights off of "auto" it seems to be easier to get the radio to kick in, which in turn gets the sat nav voice and lighting working again.
I have no idea how any of these are related..

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi goshtin - yep, I've got exactly the same thing....! I'm going to try the 'leave headlights off AUTO' and see what difference it makes.

Sometime, just sometimes, my Audio button and voice command buttons both work. Doesn't matter whether bluetooth phone is not connected, the audio/voice command still have a mind of their own - and now the satnav screen is dim with the lights on.

Lord, if either of us could fix this we'd make a fortune!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts