2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Thinknig of getting EX in 6 months and want to know more.
I've got TomTom on an Ipaq and so can turn the btightnedd down low at night to match the low broightness of other controls in my current car so I don't get blinded at nuight.
(I have it max brightness during day)
Thinknig of EX as get toys and less faff with TomTom.

Can you alter the brightness of the LCD specifically at night) so you don't get blinded?
Is it linked to the brightness of the other dash lighting with the twiddly knob next to rev counter? or seperate control or just unadjustable brightness?

how do other members cope with it at night as I'm a fussy ba***rd!

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
When the headlights are off, it's in Day mode, and is bright (but day mode brightness can be set in the satnav - I have it on full all the time).

When the headlights are on, it's in Night mode, and is dim (but again there is a night mode brightness setting in the satnav, and once again I leave this on full).

Between day and night modes, it will remember different map colour schemes.

In night mode, if you turn the dash lighting twiddly knob up to full, then the satnav screen goes into day mode. This is to allow you to have your headlights on during the day, but still have the satnav fully bright.

So yes, as much adjustment as you'll ever need!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow!

That's better than my Tomtom (on PDA) that manually change brightness and day night colours. so damn perfect.

Got any ideas wheree can see video of it in action (the sat nav as a whole that is).

MAny thanks Pottsy, just what I wanted to hear!

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
good pics pottsy

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
i have a button on the dash which enables me to keep it at a day setting at night or turn it off. (not the dash brightness control)

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
In addition to changing between night and day you do also get themes for each of the night and day. I have found the black background on the night view better than (what was for me) the default dark blue.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
In addition to changing between night and day you do also get themes for each of the night and day. I have found the black background on the night view better than (what was for me) the default dark blue.
This is a nice feature, but it's strange how peoples choices vary as I prefer the dark red at night.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
This is a nice feature, but it's strange how peoples choices vary as I prefer the dark red at night.
I had mine set red when I first got the car..... But in the end it had to be blue! Everything has to match :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts