2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find it a little difficult to see minor roads on the display at night ?. I keep swapping the colour and contrast settings etc. without much improvement.
Regards, pcr.

·
estranged
391 Posts
I find that if one uses 'North Up' the scale can be increased more than if one uses, erm, the other setting (forget what it's called), and the roads are a little easier to see when the system is in dimmed mode.

However I find it more natural to have the guidance mode set to 'Direction of travel up' (or whatever it's called), so just rely on the voice at night.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've set my night time display to the daytime colours. It's much clearer. I had exactly the same problem on my previous system, which was built by Siemens rather than Alpine.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I've set my night time colours to something different - but I can't remember what, as even though I set it to switch automatically, it always seems to want to stay on daytime?

Which probably just means I;m doing something wrong (again) somewhere, but I don't find it distracting :)

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Leave mine exactly the same as daytime, just turn the brightness down a bit. I prefer the North up view, although everyone else I have shown it prefers direction of travel up. The North up is better IMO because it allows you to know where you are relatice to a place easier.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I have started to play around with this now that it is getting dark outside at night and found that daytime standard colour setting and max brightness works best for both day and night.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I find the daytime scheme also works best at night, never had a problem navigating with either.

I also prefer direction of travel up, makes it easier to work things out.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I have started to play around with this now that it is getting dark outside at night and found that daytime standard colour setting and max brightness works best for both day and night.
I also use the daytime standard colour for both nightand day, but I do turn the brightness down 40% at night, as find it a bit bright.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I also use the daytime standard colour for both nightand day, but I do turn the brightness down 40% at night, as find it a bit bright.

I too have been playing with the brightness settings. I did a longish drive this week in the dark and found the night mode to dark and the day mode to to bright. I have too have just turned down the brightness. This may take me sometime to get the right balance......

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I find the daytime scheme also works best at night, never had a problem navigating with either.

I also prefer direction of travel up, makes it easier to work things out.
just a bit of a pain that it can't do 'direction up' at over 3(?) mile scale :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've set my night time colours to something different - but I can't remember what, as even though I set it to switch automatically, it always seems to want to stay on daytime?

Which probably just means I;m doing something wrong (again) somewhere, but I don't find it distracting :)

Hi - just picked up my Type R GT and am finding exactly the same issue - whatever you change the auto night settings for the colour to, it just reverts back to the day colours. Anyone else get this? Guess I am doing something stupid :D

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hi - just picked up my Type R GT and am finding exactly the same issue - whatever you change the auto night settings for the colour to, it just reverts back to the day colours. Anyone else get this? Guess I am doing something stupid :D
I going to pump for "no, not stupid", on the grounds that
a) I asked the question way back, and
b) it's caught out lots of others since too :D

You need to check the 'dial illumination brightness' setting - the small knob on the dash to the left of the rev counter.

If you turn it all the way clockwise, it's at brightest, and uses daytime settings for the sat nav even at night.

If you turn it one click to the anti-clockwise, the dial illumiation is just as bright, but it uses night time colours on the sat nav at night :D

Turning it further anti-clockwise then also dims the dial illumination :D

hope that helps!

:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I going to pump for "no, not stupid", on the grounds that
a) I asked the question way back, and
b) it's caught out lots of others since too :D

You need to check the 'dial illumination brightness' setting - the small knob on the dash to the left of the rev counter.

If you turn it all the way clockwise, it's at brightest, and uses daytime settings for the sat nav even at night.

If you turn it one click to the anti-clockwise, the dial illumiation is just as bright, but it uses night time colours on the sat nav at night :D

Turning it further anti-clockwise then also dims the dial illumination :D

hope that helps!

:D
Perfect - works like a charm now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts