2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way of having the Climate Control or Radio screen come up as default when you start the car, instead of the map.
I have looked through the manual and can't see it mentioned, and I have asked the dealer, but they were still confused from my previous visit to ask them about the half magic rear seats in the Type S. :(

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I would like to know about getting rid of the pain-in-the-arse legal screen that needs a physical press of the joystick to get past. I don't need to see this everytime I use the car.

I am going to take a look at the DVD content to see if I can re-author it to exclude this - has anybody checked this out already?

Also going to look at modifying the POI files - when I get time. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Foggy, no there isn't sadly.

ape, I've had a good go at this (have a search) and have had no success with either. You'll need to decompile and understand the WinCE firmware, and then modify it successfully. Not easy! And the POI files appear encrypted too (to prevent pinching by other manufacturers) so again, not easy.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Disclaimer is irritating, but not much we can do about it. I've just learned to live with it, part of my start-up routine now.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
FYou'll need to decompile and understand the WinCE firmware, and then modify it successfully.
Ahh, Microsoft... let's hope the SatNav is all they were involved with! [smilie=tongue.gif]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts