2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any experience in this? Just for the last couple of weeks, get disk read error about 5 seconds after map appears on start up. Car was in for a service today at Honda dealer, so I mentioned it to them. Just picked it up. They said they cleaned it, but still get the same error message. Say it would need to be sent away to be stripped. Can't give any advice on cost, as they won't know until it has been taken to bits. Seems a bit vague to me. Anyone have any idea of likely costs, say, worst case scenario? I hardly ever use it, but I hate having things on a car that don't work properly!!

Unit is in Glovebox in 2007 CTR GT.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,263 Posts
If you perform a search here you will find quite a few similar scenarios. If cleaning the DVD and player lens doesn't solve the issue then it sounds like a dealer investigation.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Sounds like the sat nav reader needs to be sent away for repair. I think it costs around £300 via a main dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have exactly the same problem,i think the laser ribbon has worn out.
i popped into the local high end radio installers and asked the question he agreed with my thoughts and said it would be about £200 for a repair i.e. new ribbon and test as it has to be done in the cars because of the controls! Honda would be a lot more ££'s
still don't know what to do about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts