2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Such a newbie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've updated the sat nav in my mk8 today, and it's got stuck in a boot loop and I can't see how to get out of it - I think it might be the DVD drive, as I can hear it whirring and grinding.

This has led me towards thinking I may just as well bite the bullet and put in a new headunit (I'm thinking something like the "XTRONS 8-Core Android 8.0 Double DIN 7" Car Stereo" from ebay and other popular forestry-based online stores) - and I do know that I have to replace the sat nav screen with the standard LCD clock/air-con display.

Can anyone confirm what part number I should be looking for on fleabay? My car has dual aircon, so is the display different for that or is the display standard across all the non satnav models?

Any hints gratefully accepted, along with any info/reviews from anyone who's used an Xtron headunit before.

·
Such a newbie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, quick update- satnav wasn't stuck in a bootloop - I tried to start the car the next morning, and the battery was flat as a flat thing. Tests showed that it was only holding less than 50% of the charge, and a couple of the cells were completely dead. So, £130 later, I have a new battery and everything is working fine again - including the updated satnav!

I'm still going to be replacing the stock unit with something more up-to-date, so I'm still going to be looking for a display replacement - it's just that I can now spread the cost over a few months rather than have to fork out £400 in one go.

My questions still stand though - is there a separate dual air-con display, or are they all the same?
Does anyone have a part number so I can check I'm getting the right thing?
Does anyone have any experience of the cheap Chinese Android HUs, or am I better off getting something like the Kenwood DMX-7017DABS?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts