2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has a Civic EX (satnav) with a Xcarlink device installed, tell me how the sat nav still works with the Xcarlink?

In particular can you still view the Satnav screen and navigate somewhere whilst playing music through the Xcarlink?

I think the Xcarlink with Honda Y connector is the right option for me but I am worried I will only be able to listen to music through an Ipod when I am not using the SatNav?

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Can someone who has a Civic EX (satnav) with a Xcarlink device installed, tell me how the sat nav still works with the Xcarlink?

In particular can you still view the Satnav screen and navigate somewhere whilst playing music through the Xcarlink?

I think the Xcarlink with Honda Y connector is the right option for me but I am worried I will only be able to listen to music through an Ipod when I am not using the SatNav?
The Xcarlink acts like a virtual cd player so has no connection to the sat-nav itself. It purely produces sound through the radio's aux. A definite must for all really if you want to play a media device.;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I take it the sat nav screen isn't taken over by the Xcarlink at all then and its simply playing audio through the speakers?

I saw a previous post suggesting the sat nav screen changes to "Extension" when its in use?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
If you use the navigation map screen & select the cd changer you get music via xcarlink whilst displaying the map screen. If you have audio screen selected then the screen will display extension. The stereo buttons will dictate what is shown on on on on the screen.

Xcarlink just works as the oem cd changer would

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.