2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I was travelling from Reading to Preston. It was a nightmare of a journey due to very busy roads and accidents on the M6. I allowed the TMC to reroute me around most of it.

At one point I was going down a road that had the surface removed and hence had raised manhole covers. It was dark and wet and ended up driving the car over them, i.e. the wheels of the car over the covers not in between the wheels.

I while later I notice the sat nav reporting "not on digitised road". I stopped the car and restarted. Then the sat nav reported not being able to read the disk. Ejected the disk to find scratches on it!

I gently cleaned the disk, by breathing on it and using a hankie. The sat nav then worked.

It's a bit alarming to find that the disk can be damaged inside the drive.

Fortunately I was using a backup copy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds similar to the "Xbox360 destroys the disk if the console is tilted while the disk is spinning" one.

Thanks for the warning. I guess I should make a backup of my DVD-ROM as well. Can it be copied just like that with any DVD-R drive, or does it have some hideous copy protection scheme built into it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts