2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is my first post hello everyone!

Without rooting through all the previous posts about installing sat nav units etc I was wondering if anyone could either direct me to a quick link or provide a response to the below......

I bought a Type R GT back in April 2009 and didn't tick the option of having Nav at the time. Is it easy to buy a Nav unit (the Honda one) and install it as an after market extra? Would I need to replace the current dashboard etc?

Also when playing music through the i-pod fob that sits in the centre console would the track name be displayed on the Nav screen?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
The GT comes with sat nav as standard doesnt it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it was an option. I chose not to tick the box at the time but am now in the process of losing my Tom Tom to the wifey as she is doing some longer drives and is good at getting lost.

So was contemplating whether to buy the Nav unit and get it fitted as opposed to buying another Tom Tom for myself.

·
Registered
376 Posts
No it was an option. I chose not to tick the box at the time but am now in the process of losing my Tom Tom to the wifey as she is doing some longer drives and is good at getting lost.

So was contemplating whether to buy the Nav unit and get it fitted as opposed to buying another Tom Tom for myself.
it depends whether u want to spend £300 or £2000

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
2009 They were still separate - the GT and GT Nav.

To retro fit will by many accounts be costly and time consuming, but it does display playlist and other track information from the iPod. Best bet is getting an aftermarket solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts