2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 EX with factory fit Sat Nav, and like many have no doubt experienced, the display went to segments and the the radio stops working (with the loud POP). I tried the fix, but my soldering leaves much to be desired and I seem to have killed the radio.

The question is, can I replace with a like for like unit off of Ebay? Are the radios coded to the ECU/VIN, or will it be a straight swap?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Not to sure on this but pretty much believe they are coded to the ecu, so a new code will be required, could be wrong though!!!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had another go at soldering tonight and fixed it. The track from the transistor to the small resistor to the left of it was torn, so a small bit of wire later and its done!

Will see how it lasts on Aux this week as that seemed to make it fail faster than the radio. Might strip the console down and try the new radio unit as well, just to see what happens.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
A 2008 model should't be coded, I changed mine twice with ebay specials before going double din, although that was the standard radio not sat nav

1 - 5 of 5 Posts