2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Can anyone comment on how detailed and useful the SatNav maps are for NI ? I've taken a look at the Navteq map reporter on their web site, and they look well detailed - wondering if the actual DVD is to the same level?

I had a look at the TrafficMaster web site too but it appears their network does not cover NI yet so no traffic updates!

Thanks

Bob

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Hey Bob,Can't comment on donegal But on regular trips to Dublin it's been spot on. Aside from a large portion between Drogheda and Dublin where the new road isn't on the map! Unfortunately the maps are a few years old and with the current rate of development going on in Lisburn you may be disappointed to find some developments havn't been included yet. We use Tomtom systems in work and they aren't great either. But 99% you'll be able to get roughly where you're looking for!Unfortunately you're correct on the trafficmaster but I havn't encountered any situtation when it would really have made a difference anyway.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
czechplastic, can you not sleep or something?!!
Wiredbob, I have used sat nav in NI for about 6 months, the first was dvd based in a Toyota avensis and was fairly good, I now have a Garmin Nuvi 300 and have found it to be very good. I can't vouch for Tom Tom, but from the research I did before buying, whilst probably not perfect, the Nuvi contains the most up to date mapping for NI and ROI. Czechplastic is quite correct, substantial redevelopment will always progress faster than mapping updates, but this is valid for any area, not just NI.
The mapping is best in the urban centres and can be a bit vague in parts of NI. I have travelled main routes around Donegal with no problems. You can see my installation in the Gallery section "My itch finally scratched", don't know how to insert a link yet:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts