2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a slight issue with my built in SatNav on my 07 CTR..Wondered if anyone else has ever had the same error?

Basically I went to use it yesterday , it was mega slow and then stopped working completely :( I got an error as per the attached pic .

Have taken out the disc and cleaned it - Also disconnected the battery but to no avail

Any advice would be greatfully received
Cazza xx

Attachments

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Looks very like the SatNav DVD drive has quit on you ! ...

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
The lens might need cleaning. Not sure if you can use those DVD cleaners on the satnav unit though?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Sponsor
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys..Not gonna count my chickens but after a deep clean with a baby wipe it seems to be working..I need to actually go somewhere tomorrow so we'll see then lol ;) Ta again x

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Mine started throwing this message earlier this year mainly when hot, running the aircon on LO with the glovebox vent cured it temporarily; however whilst leaving Berlin a couple of weeks back it went terminal on me; fortunately I have a Navigon which I use for speed camera detection and that got me out of trouble. And Berlin.

Got back from the garlicky side at midnight last night and the DVD drive has been extracted and is ready to go to Dtronix (Alpine's repair operation) for a fixed price repair @ 179 quids

Good luck with yours

Dave

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Our CR-V we recently sold used to do this every so often, used a lolly stick with a wet wipe folded around it, seemed to do the trick!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sat nav error

I had this error come up whilst using inferior quality brand of back up disc.
Made new back up copy - Ok since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts