2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Civic Hybrid (no Sat Nav) I'm wondering where best to site a Tom Tom Sat Nav. Obviously, as with the regular Civic, the windscreen is at such an angle as to make it very difficult to lean forward to put it on there, plus it's miles away for pressing the screen and doing what you need to do, never mind being being quite a distance away from seeing it. There's a little pocket in front of the Auto gear selector, which it seems to sit into, but if you put it in there, it's not the ideal satellite location area. There's a little quarter light in front of the door window, so that's a possibility, but I prefer the Sat Nav in the middle of the dash in some way.

Any suggestions as to it's siting? And has anyone got a Sat Nav in their hybrid? I realise I'm probably in a minority of people here...:p

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
21,032 Posts
The latest TomTom units use the sirfIII chipset and as such are very forgiving with the location.

Even though they state 'put in in view of glass' I found that this is not necessary.

If brodit do a suitable ProClip or the TomTom 'alternative mount kit' then you should be OK.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
you could always run an external aerial.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
The latest TomTom units use the sirfIII chipset and as such are very forgiving with the location.

Even though they state 'put in in view of glass' I found that this is not necessary.

If brodit do a suitable ProClip or the TomTom 'alternative mount kit' then you should be OK.
I Agree with Kremmen, the best solution is a brodit proclip (I've an airvent one for my nuvi), but you have to check if they do it for you model (try also as car types 4 doors or US/japanese civic)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I've emailed Brodit as the TomTom Go 510 isn't listed, so I'll wait and see.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Here are the Products ref for you car. (RHD I presume...) ;)
Concerning the TT510, It's the Update of the TT500. So the Brodit ref are Good also for it.

I've use gpsforless.com to purchase the Item, but because It was a RHD car, for a civic and was for France it take a little more time than planned. Tracy (the girl who was looking after my order) was very helpfull and they add a ciglighter loader for my Nüvi to compensate thedelay. [smilie=cheeky-grin:

[B]Item no [/B]
Product 653808ProClip

Honda Civic Hybrid 06-07 For all countries Center mount
603809ProClip

Honda Civic Hybrid 06-07 For all countries Right mount
633810ProClip

Honda Civic Hybrid 06-07 For all countries Console mount

Item no Product 215027Mount with tilt swivel

TomTom GO500 For all countries
215038Mounting Accessories

Attaching mount, adjustable sideways.

TomTom GO500 For all countries

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, but it's not the right one. The TT Go 510 has it's connections half way up the back and not at the bottom. It's actually a differently shaped unit entirely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts