2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking on the other sat nav thread, and possibly with an overlap to the ODBC2 thread - wonder exactly where the Civic stores all your favorites / home addresses?

or indeed if it would be any use to find out anyway

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, sounds reasonable :)

wonder if this has anything to do with the other thread about how it appears to 'learn' your route preferences...

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Ads, it's no joke! The system is made for Honda by Alpine, and although the menus are a bit different in places the core system is the same. That's why it's so good!

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
The interesting bit is, if you buy one to fit yourself where do you by the DVD map from and would the same DVD work in the Civic. If it does, would it have more up to-date maps and McDs etc? Perhaps it would also be cheaper :D

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Just thinking - We know the DVD Nav unit is manufactured by Alpine, the head unit is Panasonic so who manufactures the display unit. All these components are interfaced together somehow, perhaps there is another way of interfacing a MP3 player other than straight to the head unit.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
The whole combo is a custom job that Honda have put together. The Alpine nav, Pana HU, Honda voice control. So discs will not work from other nav systems. Alpine may have made it, and used their core system as a starting point, but there's a lot of Honda in there!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I've heard of some dealers not being to keen to sell this - I think it's a job that really does take the book time (or more). You also have to dismantle the tailgate to mount the cam and route the wires. Not easy!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Point taken. Looks like parking sensors for me then :?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts