2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

I'm just doing more research on this car since we're going to check it out tomorrow. I know it has a factory fitted Sat Nav. I've been reading about outdated softwares on older Hondas. Is this something I need to ask about at the dealership? Is it silly for me to assume that it would've already been updated with the latest software on its Sat Nav system? Or is this something I have to buy extra?

Thanks!

Tiffany

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Unless the previous owner bought a newer disc they'll probably give you the original software. you can buy updates off ebay at a reasonable price. Check the disc is present before you drive off, I made the mistake of not realising till i was on my way home and had to complain for a month before they supplies me with one. the Supporters section is full of knowledge on this topic

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless the previous owner bought a newer disc they'll probably give you the original software. you can buy updates off ebay at a reasonable price. Check the disc is present before you drive off, I made the mistake of not realising till i was on my way home and had to complain for a month before they supplies me with one. the Supporters section is full of knowledge on this topic
Oh great. Thank you!

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,583 Posts
Unfortunately there seems to be a rare trend of some owners stripping as much out of the Civic as they can and then advertising said articles for sale.

Check you have:

SatNav DVD (original, not a DVDR copy) 2007 was in the 3.01 to 3.05 range.
Tyre compressor and 'gunk' in boot compartment

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.