2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just got my hand on a 2016 plate, Car is lovely apart from 2 things. The sat nav only shows major A roads. no other roads exist in the map, its just field. I also have no 3d info (building ect) The map files appear to be up to date (2019) Also the Car (arrow) icon is away (to the left of the road) when driving on said A road. I have tried to perform an update and garmin express said the map was up to date, Should i proceed to reinstall anyway or does it sound like a different issue i'm facing.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Hmm; Sounds like the map files are toastered; Unless there are any settings changed in the GPS app re. map detail levels?

Could be worth trying a full reboot (Hold power button until the unit shuts down completely - Upon restarting you should get a flat 2D Honda logo) - See if that reloads the app and fixes the issues; If not, given you've just picked it up, I imagine you may be in warranty to get the dealer to take a look?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Haltamer, It wasn't purchased through Honda, I purchased the car through a ford dealer. I took out a 12 month warranty but i doubt they will look into this for me. I have tried a reset and it didn't work, so i will attempt a re-install of the maps at home and see how that goes. Do you know how much an update in the software usually costs at a Honda dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
As it's 2015, is it the post facelift with projector Headlights with integrated DRLs?

These have the honda connect garmin unit - if it's the pre facelift it will have the alpine headunit.

Just checking as that is the changeover year.

If it is the post facelift with honda connect,
Generally, the dealer will throw it in with a dealer service; but it may be worth looking at the RC8 update files and process I've posted - that way you can run the update yourself of the underlying headunit - that just leaves the maps files themselves.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the post facelift with Connect. I managed to install the maps last night, got to 2% in the car and the update stopped, tried again straight after and it completed. The maps and my location on them are fine now, it looks like whoever tried to put them on before failed and gave up, leaving the car with just major roads. I think i will wait for the service before updating now i have it working fine.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
If the advert for the car said it has SAT NAV, then you are legally entitled to WORKING SAT NAV, regardless of if you buy it from Honda, Ford, or Dodgy Dave's Garage...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts