2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the Sat Nav & Phone book back to standard factory settings? i.e. so it no longer has my favourites stored?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
A bit of cleaning before we sell it??? I think you can get the sat nav to reset by removing the battery, sure i saw something about it in the wiki. I was most amused when I got my Civic to find Spearmint Rhino in the sat nav favourites!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Select 'Menu' and move the large centre dial twice to the left. This will put you onto settings screen 2.

There you will see 'Edit Saved Places'. Select and choose the 3 choices in turn to delete each content.

The HFT is even easier. Press and release the Talk button. After the Beep say "System". The HFT response is "System options are setup and clear".

Press and release the Talk button. After the Beep say "Clear". You will then hear a warning that you are about to restore defaults in the system set up and asking you to confirm.

Press and release the Talk button and after the Beep say "Clear". You will then hear a preparation warning and you will need to confirm by saying "OK".

You will then hear confirmation that the system has been cleared.

:D

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Well done, allan! I remember now- disconnecting the battery was something to do with clear the sat nav version so you could install older versions of the software. Why you'd want to do that is beyond me, unless you had a serious problem with a recent update.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Anyone know the unlock code for the HFT please.
"Er Under The Dash", shouted out and set a 4 digit number, without any prompting from me and being caught unaware, I couldn't remember it. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
The unlock code is initially set by the person who first puts the code in (you may have a glitch in the system!).

Subsequent changes to the code can only be done by confirming the current code followed by the new code.

If you don't know the originally entered code then you cannot access the system and you can only get it cancelled by the dealer. :(

PS: You would have to be in the 'Security' settings and said "Set Password" then spoke and was mis-heard by the girl in the glovebox. She repeated what she thought she heard but you would still have had to confirm "Yes" before the number was set. Sounds like you have a gremlin in there if you didn't do any of that.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Thanks allan.
This happened about 2 weeks after I bought the car last September and the Dealer reset it. On the off chance, thought one of you boffins may have sussed it out, to save me a 40 mile round trip.
Never mind, it's a Honda, - The Power Of Screams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts