2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,can anyone advise please,,i have a 2006 cdti ex,had it over a year, about 4 months ago sat nav began playing up saying disc error consult dealer, i would have to knock off and restart this happened more frequent to the point now where it says it all the time,, i took disc out which is a vertibrim copy disc.cleaned it and put one of those cd disc cleaner discs in,,,no joy,,, ive just bought a 2013 map update copy disc off a seller on ebay with good feedback thinking it maybe the old disc at fault,,there was instructions with the ebay disc to go through the menu toggle on satnav to load new disc , idone that to the point where the screen said downloading map update,,then screen said check disc,,,,still no joy,,,,any ideas? steve.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
This happened to me, i took it to the dealer and they had to send away the disk drive bit away for repair. Took almost a month before i got it back.

I had it done under warranty although if i remember correctly if i didnt have warranty it would have cost £300+

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh noooooo,when i bought the car 15 months ago the bluetooth module was playing up had to source one from ebay dismantlers £250 that was honda wanted £800 for new one,i had a refund for the £250 from the garage i bought it from,,now the bloody sat nav, i thought hondas were bulletproof.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has this problem got to be sorted by main dealers? i live in cardiff area any independent repairers about?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts