2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0-60 6.7 And Sneeze
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i ask, on none Sat Nav models is the unit where the time is different or can i hook up a rear cam or sat nav to this screen ?

Or would it require a new Screen fitted ?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I am taking a bit of a flyer but i think it is different and you need another screen, but i stand to be corrected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That *** Be Cool 2 Fit A Cam 2 It But I Think The Screen Isnt Like A TV Screen. I Wanted 2 Play Dvds In MY EX But Its Only DVD-Rom Discs That Go In It :(

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I have Civic EX with Sat Nav, and Rear Cam.. it works fine on original screen.. crysta clear image in colour... hope it helps

·
0-60 6.7 And Sneeze
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply's

I was hoping to find if someone who attempted to fit a camera
to none sat nav model to see if the screens were the same or not

Mine currently only tells me the time and climate temp and radio/ cd info ect ect

·
Registered
26 Posts
The non satnav model screen cannot display anything else as its just a info screen. You will need to fit a double din unit to achieve what you require. Something like the pic below, which is Maxxtro's install.

·
0-60 6.7 And Sneeze
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The non satnav model screen cannot display anything else as its just a info screen. You will need to fit a double din unit to achieve what you require. Something like the pic below, which is Maxxtro's install.

what model is that double din head unit.

i really really like that,and does it play DVD's

that looks awesome

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's a Pioneer Avh 3100dvd. It's out of date now, also no satnav.
I can give you some guidance as my job is to fit ICE into cars for a famous sports car company, we tend to use Alpine at the moment!

·
0-60 6.7 And Sneeze
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a Pioneer Avh 3100dvd. It's out of date now, also no satnav.
I can give you some guidance as my job is to fit ICE into cars for a famous sports car company, we tend to use Alpine at the moment!
what sort of cost would i be looking at for parts and an alpine unit similar to
that one,not bothered about sat nav version as i have an expensive tom tom.
i think the double din facia is expensive ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
what sort of cost would i be looking at for parts and an alpine unit similar to
that one,not bothered about sat nav version as i have an expensive tom tom.
i think the double din facia is expensive ?
I will post a link to a good thread about what other guys are using to get a double din into the civic. It was a complicated job until impulse & connects2 came out with a solution of removing the standard radio for good.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-and-ice/28956-great-news.html
Do you need a cd/dvd player?
Alpine have a unit that takes Ipod audio/video but not cd/dvd, this is strarting to become the trend with Alpine. The model is ixa-407bt which I will be looking to fit to my civic with the optional satnav unit.
The cost is around £500 for the ixa-407bt plus £60 for the connects2 stalk control which retains the display of heater/ac details on the display, around £100 for the radio fascia and about £15 for a 103mm cage. Add a camera at £130, it starts to get a bit expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts